Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S 2009!

I just wanted to wish all of my followers......all one of them...."MEL"......a Happy New Year's Year's day! LOL! We spent last night at my sister-in-law's house, celebrating her birthday, "quarters" nephew's birthday, and New Year's Day. Someone brought along their Wii and a crazy and wild time was had by all! We drug in around 12:30 am, well everyone except Jameson, who fell SOUND asleep in the car on our way home, and had to be carried in. We all slept in until 8:15 (hey, that's LATE around these parts) and ate a good and healthy New Year's Breakfast.....



Here is Chelsea, eating her pepper steak and rice, while watching James Marsden on YouTube.




Next is Jameson enjoying his Mighty Max pizza meal with red Kool Aid.

Nothing but the best and most healthy breakfasts for my children!


We spent the entire day doing nothing but watching HGTV and "The Memory Keepers Daughter". Around 3:00, we started to get hungary again....you know those pepper steak and pizza breakfasts don't last forever....so we decided to eat pork chops, hot dogs, mashed potatoes, and of course black-eye peas. Any and all self-especting Southerners must eat black-eyed peas on New Year's. We are supposed to eat collard greens too....but BLEEEEEEECH!!!! I guess we will be poor again this year....BUMMER!



You see how much effort I put into the peas...HEY, they ARE BUSH'S!

We ran into a little problem while trying to cook the pork chops and hot dogs. The grill ran out of gas, so we cooked them in the oven. The pork chops turned out good....


However, somebody forgot the hot dogs in the oven (I swear it wasn't me), and they got a little done....



Oh well, hubby likes his hot dogs on the burnt side (good thing).



Speaking of forgetting things.....I decided to use a jet cleaner for our whirlpool this morning. You see, during the infamous "sleep over" last week, our guest decided he couldn't be bothered to get out of the tub to go to the potty....if you get my drift....so Jameson has been hounding me to "get the pee out of the tub". SO, when I got out of bed, I started filling the tub up and went into the kitchen to start slaving on all of those "healthy" breakfasts. Weeeeelllll, about an HOUR later, Marty yells "ROBIN!". I jump up and ran into the bathroom to find this....



All I can say is Thank GOODNESS for overflow valves!!!!! I don't even want to think what our water bill will be this month! (No dinosaurs were hurt in the process of cleaning my tub)

Over all it has been a great New Year's Day and I hope it is just the first one of MANY in 2009!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! It really means a lot to me!!
{{HUGS}}