Monday, December 19, 2011

It's a Pinterest Christmas!

Every year, I try to make special goody bags for all of the kid's classmates.  I normally fill bags with candy and Dollar Store stuff, but for the past couple of years, I've tried making a few hand-made things.  Thanks to Pinterest, this year's bags are going to be FULL of "custom" goodies!

Here are the things that I have so far:

Hershey's Kisses, complete with fun Christmas stickers on the bottom.


Idea and free printables from Here

I normally try to give each student in Chelsea's class a gift.  But, as new kids of all ages have come in, this year I decided to give money instead.  I saw this idea, and thought it was a fun way to present the money.

 From Here

I had a container of small bells left over from last Christmas, and decided to make a few of these, as well.


It says "The bell still rings for those who truly Believe!"
  These would be super-cute for a Polar Express party!

 From Here

Then, of course, Christmas would not be complete without a little Grinch thrown in.


I honestly had NO idea how many green M&M's it would take to make these.  I think I ended up buying about 7 large bags to finish the project!  Even after the test tube treats, I still have 2 quart-sized Zip-Lock bags filled of red M&M's!
From Here

I'm currently working on these:

(The Rice Crispy treats) from Here

The dipping the treats into the white chocolate was no problem, but I had a horrible experience with the red chocolate.  I accidentally dumped 1/2 of the gel color into the white chocolate, burned my already-burned finger, had a blow-out with my squirt bottle and ended up with red chocolate all over the sink, counters, cookie sheet, floor, cabinets, my pants and my socks.  AND, after squirting the chocolate on the treats, it really ended up looking like ketchup.  LOL  Hopefully once everything is packaged, they will look a little better!

I also will be adding these to the goody bags:

 From Here

And these:

From Here

There are SO many other treats I would love to do, but I just don't have time!

Maybe I need to go ahead and start making treats for NEXT Christmas!

I hope you all have a wonderful and RELAXING Christmas week!!!

I love you all!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus