Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today, there are many things that I am truly thankful for, but these two I am especially thankful for today.

First, I would like to thank ALL of the men and women of our past-present-and future military, and their families, for everything they sacrifice so my family and friends can be safe and free.

 (Photo from Google Images)

Until I began meeting people from all over the country through the Internet, I never truly realized what sacrifices our military and their families had to make.  Reading the struggles our military have to endure just breaks my heart and infuriates me.  Military families shouldn't have to struggle the way they do.

THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ALL DO!

****************************

Second, I am very thankful to all of YOU, my blog readers.  Marty and I have been overwhelmed with the comments from my post yesterday.  I cannot thank you all enough for your kind, thoughtful, heartfelt words from each and every one of you!  It means more to us than you will ever know.  I haven't personally thanked each one of you yet.  I couldn't even read through them without crying....but they are coming soon.

Jameson did OK today.  He managed to make it through the entire school day without too many breakdowns.  We are so blessed that his little friends and teachers were so incredibly supportive today.  He said of one friend "Every time I would start rubbing my eyes to keep from crying, Colby would try to take my mind off it so I wouldn't be upset."


I am glad that the Country Music Awards came on tonight, because Jameson loves Country music.  I saw a small smile when Alan Jackson came on, and by the time Sugarland came on singing "Stuck Like Glue", he was actually singing and tapping his feet.  Perfect timing for this household.

Thank you all again for being so wonderful!

*************************

I hope you all have a safe, and blessed Veteran's Day and week!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
blog comments powered by Disqus