Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Master Closet is looking better!

Yesterday I told all of you about my master closet reorganization.  Because of an after-school activity today, I had an extra two hours to spend working in the house (ie: no waiting in car-rider line for over an hour). I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to start the cleaning, sorting and reorganizing process!

The closet was a MESS to say the least, and I immediately  became overwhelmed and didn't know where to start.  But, like the saying goes..."How do you eat an elephant?" "One bite at a time!"  I started with Marty's things and then moved to my things, then to shoes, and eventually moved on to non-clothes related items (ie: wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper, boxes, home decor things).  I still have a TON of paperwork-type stuff to go through, but that will be a L-O-N-G process of sorting, shredding, and filing.

I definitely realize we need some sort of shoe organizer, because lining them up along the bottom of the closet is a total WASTE of floor space.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Here are the most recent pictures of the closet:


This is all of Marty's uniforms.  You think he has enough?

Putting the clothes this way seems like a waste of space, so I will probably end up moving this stuff around.  However, his uniforms take up more space than anything else, so they need a really big area.
 If I can find any more bins, some of this stuff will be moved into those.  I'm just having problems finding more of these particular size/shape/quality bins.  I think they have been discontinued.  :o(



See our L-O-N-G row of shoes?


I thought about adding a full-length mirror to this back wall.


This is what I managed to throw away.


I still have a TON of stuff left to go through, but for now, ALL of our clothes are sorted, folded and put where they belong!

Our Master Closet may become functional yet!

blog comments powered by Disqus