Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Jar of Love

Yesterday was my precious Mama's 76th birthday!


My mama, on the left, and one of her best friends since childhood, Mrs. Betty, on the right.

Now I don't know about all of you, but it is impossible to shop for my mother.  She's not picky at all, but she refuses to tell us anything she would like.  As a matter of fact, this year she actually threatened me and told me that we better not get her anything this year.  If we did, she would be very upset with us.

Well, goodness knows we don't want Mama to be upset with us!

On the other hand,  I can't let her birthday pass without doing something special for her!  After all, she IS my Mama!  So, I tried to figure out something special I could make or do for her.  I searched the Internet for ideas and here is what I finally came up with:

The Jar of Love



I took a jar, decorated it, and filled it with 76 curled strips of scrapbook paper.


On each strip of paper, is one reason why I love my Mama so much.


Some strips are funny, some are serious, some are fun memories from my childhood.... 76 special and unique things about my Mama!  

I loved doing this.  I laughed and cried while coming up with the list.  It sure brought back a lot of good memories for me.....and I hope it does for her, too!

I LOVE YOU MAMA!  I hope you had the best birthday ever!!
blog comments powered by Disqus