Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Pinterest loves for the week

My Pinterest obsession has been well documented on this blog.  I will admit, I don't look as much as I used to, but I still make the time to find some new things.

I've been looking at more things for our home recently.  I REALLY have to limit myself because the more I look, the more I want to do, which leads to frustration because I can't afford to do it.  Does anybody else have that problem?

Anyway, here are a few things I've been drooling over lately:

From HERE

 I just love how these frames are stacked!  I'm not crazy about the colors, but love everything else about them!

From HERE


How precious is this?  I liked this so much, I've already ordered large wooden letters to do this in both kid's rooms!  (See, spending money...haha!)

From HERE

 Seriously, this is my favorite entryway ever!  I want to rip out my current door and get one with sidelights.  I want the wainscoting, I want the floors, I want the moldings, the accessories.  I love it ALL!  However, because it's not practical to rip out my front door or floors, I think I will stick to painting the inside of my door black and looking for similar accessories for now.  The wainscoting may be something to look to in the future.

From HERE

This is from the same house as the foyer picture above.  I literally spent forever going through her entire blog.  Her whole house is TO.DIE.FOR.  What I wouldn't give to have just an ounce of her decorating ability!  Anyway, the reason I liked this (other than how gorgeous it is), is how she used the existing screw hole in the shutter to attach the bird feeder.  My husband is 100% against putting ANY additional holes in our siding, so this is a fantastic option to decorate around the windows!


From HERE

I love the idea of using old doors to make a headboard.  This has been my favorite door/headboard ever.  I've been looking for old doors ever since I first saw this, without any luck.  So, we ended up going to Lowes this weekend and ordering a new door.  We are hoping with paint and molding we can make it "look" old.

From HERE

This is an older pin, but we've been looking at it again lately.  We are hoping to finally get the deck done on the back of our house once we get our income taxes back.  This is my DREAM deck/arbor, but the likelihood of the finished product looking anything remotely similar is slim.  HAHA!  A girl can dream, right?

From HERE

And finally, this isn't "for the home", but I did make this yesterday.  It was so easy.  I just dumped everything in the crockpot on Monday night, and put it on to cook Tuesday morning (well, Marty actually did that for me).  When we got home last night, crockpot potato soup!  I wouldn't say it's as good as Outback's potato soup, but it did taste really good!

So, that's what I've been obsessing over this past week.  What fun and interesting things have you found???
blog comments powered by Disqus