Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Happy Wednesday y'all!

I hope you aren't getting tired of all my Mama's Mumblings posts.  A lot of times, I just have a bunch of stuff to say, but not a lot of content to go with it.  HAHA!

-----------------------------------------

The entertainment industry has been filled with highs and lows this weekend!  It started with the death of Whitney Houston, and ended with a spectacular Grammy awards.

I was a teen in the 80's and Whitney Houston was everywhere.  I can't imagine my high school years without her singing in the background.  She fought so many demons and it's very sad that she wasn't able to overcome them.

I missed much of the first part of the Grammys, but tuned in during the Glen Campbell tribute.  It's such a shame to see such a fantastic country icon be ravaged by Alzheimers.  When he came out singing "Rhinestone Cowboy", I just about lost it.  I always think of my daddy when I hear that song.  Praying for cure for this horrible disease!

What about Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "I will always love you?"  It couldn't have been any better, in my opinion, unless Dolly herself was singing it.

And finally, what about Adele??  It was absolutely, positively her night to shine!  Her performance was flawless and she made it look effortless.  What an incredible, beautiful woman!

-----------------------------------

Thank you all for your positive comments on Marty's job situation!  He did finally decide to put in his application and now he is just waiting to see if he is in the running.  He initially thought he was one of the few people applying for the job, but later found out that he was one of SEVENTEEN.  Fortunately, he didn't get a "Dear Marty" letter yet (saying he's out of the running), so fingers crossed he gets an interview.

----------------------------------

Chelsea got a request to pay her "Senior Dues" last week.

EEEEEEEK!

May is coming up entirely too fast!

------------------------------

And finally, this weekend wouldn't have been complete without a stop at Wal-Mart to pick up this:

Photo from HERE
I may have picked up a copy for ME, and another copy for Chelsea.

---------------------------------

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!  The weekend is just a couple of days away!
blog comments powered by Disqus