Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day

October 15th, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  This day was created to bring awareness for families who have suffered miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancies and infant loss.


When I first married 24 years ago, I never thought I would be a "member" of this group, much less a three-time member.  Of course nobody decides to start a family, expecting to lose a child.  There is always the question of "Would I have done things differently?" and that is an impossible question to answer.  If I had done things differently, I wouldn't have the same precious Chelsea that I do today. What if Courtney and Bryant had lived?  What if I didn't have a miscarriage in 2001?  Would Jameson still be here?  Those questions are impossible to answer.  God has a plan for my life and for Chelsea's and Jameson's lives.  Even though I didn't understand then and still don't understand now, I have faith that I will one day.

(For those of you who may be new to my blog, please read HERE and HERE
to read my stories of loss.)

So today, I want to remember my beautiful, feisty little girl Lena Courtney:


My precious, snuggle bug Timothy Bryant:


And also the much prayed for baby we lost before becoming pregnant with Jameson:


Many thoughts and prayers for all of you out there who are grieving your own losses. 

blog comments powered by Disqus