Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crafty Christmas!


As most of you know, I participated in my very first craft show over the weekend.  I stressed and worried and worked myself to death trying to get everything ready.  In the end, there were several projects that I had worked on that just didn't get finished, but that's OK.  I can use them for other things or for Christmas presents.  It's funny, the things that I have been working on forever didn't sell that well, but the things that were literally spur-of-the moment ideas, got a ton of comments and/or sold well.  I guess that just goes to show that you never know what people will like!

I didn't know until the night before that most of the vendors would be set up outside.  I wasn't too happy about the prospect, but in hindsight, that was the best place to be.  When we got there, the temperature was in the upper 40's (yeah, I know, laugh all you northerners.  HAHA) and I was seriously not liking the idea of being outside.  But, the sun came out and the temperature quickly rose to the 70's.  It could not have been a more beautiful Fall day!

The show was supposed to start at 10:00 am, but we had a steady stream of patrons starting at 9:00!  Thank goodness we got there early and had almost everything set up and ready to go when everyone started stopping by.  I was worried that there wouldn't be much of a turn-out because it was the first time our town decided to do something like that, but was thrilled when tons of people showed up! 

I was also thrilled that a great friend and her family set up right next to me. Our husband's kept each other company and our kids had a blast playing together!  And of course, we talked each other's heads off, too!  LOL 

Now on to some pictures!

These frames were HORRIBLE when I bought them.  They were black with gold crowns and some sort of phrases all over them.  With a little paint and a lot of elbow grease, this is what they ended up looking like.  I know they look a little odd in the photos, but in person, they look much better.  LOL










The tags say 'The bell still rings for those who truly Believe"

These next couple of shadow boxes were the hit of my table.  This was one of the spur-of-the-moment things I made.  (Like literally making these at 11:00 Friday night).  The kids loved to pick them up and shake them....as did a lot of the adults.  HAHA!  I sold all the Christmas ones and I'm hoping I have enough materials to make another one to keep for myself!






I saw this idea on HomeTalk a few weeks ago.  I loved the idea and just had to try it for myself!  These generated a ton of positive comments, but only sold 3.


And these are just a few shirts I made to bring to the show.




Gorgeous fall day!


These next few pictures are of the table display.


Who needs a clothes rack when you have trees?




That snowman frame to the back left is supposed to be standing up, not falling! LOL

This was my friend, Jennifer's table.  She had a TON of awesome things!


And this was one of my very special surprise visitors!  This is Miss Emma!  Emma is the daughter of a teacher at Jameson's school, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor during the summer.  Emma was celebrating Saturday because she just finished her 30th (and LAST) day of radiation on Friday!  It really made my day to see her out and about!


Even though I was dreading this Saturday, it turned out to be one of the best Saturday's yet!  I'm not sure if I will do other craft shows in the future, but if I do, it's going to be hard to top this one!  Crafty Christmas set the bar high for any future shows!

-------------------------------------------

Don't forget:  You still have until Tuesday night to enter The Outlet Shops of Grand River $50 gift card giveaway!

------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!
blog comments powered by Disqus