Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow Day 2013!

Yesterday started off pretty blah. It was cold and rainy, and neither Jameson or I had any motivation to get doing. But, Jameson had school and I had to buy groceries, so we pushed on and got up and out. I dropped Jameson off at school and headed straight to buy groceries before the rush of people came in to buy their milk and bread for the predicted "snow storm". I managed to make it through the produce and meat sections and then I got a call from the school. Jameson and some other kids fell while running during P.E., and Jameson took a knee to the groin/lower abdomen. The nurse asked if I could come to the school and bring him "something for the pain." 

So, I rushed through check-out (without most of of my grocery list)and headed to the school. Of course once I'm there, Jameson wasn't thrilled with me just giving him some Motrin and leaving without him. He gave me the sad puppy-eye look, and of course, being the huge sucker that I am, went ahead and checked him out. Who doesn't need a mental health day every once in a while? 

We went home, Jameson did homework and studied for Friday's tests, and then rested on the couch. The funny thing was, within about 15 minutes of getting home, the school called and said they were being dismissed at 11:30 due to bad weather. If he could have just held out for a couple more hours, he would have been home anyway. Oh well, live and learn, I guess. 

We anxiously awaited the snow.  Every newscast was filled with tons of photos taken by people in West Alabama, who were already covered in  snow.  We were all going crazy waiting on those first few snowflakes! 

Chelsea was with my Mama, and they were as excited as we were.  We called back and forth all day long.  Around 12:00, we started to get our first flakes!  Jameson was so excited!  We called Mama and Chelsea and they were mad that they hadn't gotten any yet...which was weird because they live on the mountain and usually get snow before any of us do. 

So, from then until around 5:00 or so, it snowed and snowed and snowed!  The ground was warm, so initially most of it melted, but pretty soon, the snow started to stick!  Jameson decided his "pride" wasn't hurting any more and ran out to play.

I don't know if you can see it or not, but Jameson and Spencer are in Spencer's yard already playing.
Poor deer...he always gets stuck out in the snow.
 The snow was pretty light for a while, but then the heavier snow started moving in!

I couldn't believe how fast the snow started to stack up!
The grill is getting covered!
By this time, the boys were freezing, and came for for a little while to warm up by the fire and drink some hot chocolate.  They also had to play around and act goofy!

 Then the snow started to come down really hard.  The flakes were HUGE and so wet!  It was SO beautiful to watch!

For some reason, the boys thought Mr. Deer needed an American flag.  Don't worry, it's safely in the dry house now.  The flag, not the deer.  LOL

After a few more hours in the snow, the boys finally decided they should come inside, especially since they couldn't feel their hands anymore.  Jameson headed straight for a hot shower, and I headed out onto the front porch to enjoy another rare site around here these days....the sun!

The day may have started off "blah", but ended up being a day filled with a lot of laughter, fun, snow and SUN!  Even though it may be years from now, I can't wait until the next snow day!

blog comments powered by Disqus