Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another new addition....

Yesterday, after going on the hunt for two additional curtain panels, I stopped by a local discount furniture store to kill a little time.

Oh my goodness, the beautiful things this store had!

I swear, if I had $10,000 extra dollars just laying around, I could have spent every last penny of it!

The couches, the bedroom suites, the chairs, the tables......

I was in HEAVEN!

After walking through room after room of beauties.....I saw it.....

The PERFECT table to go in my foyer...

I walked right over to it, took off the tag and walked straight to the check-out.

Hey, when you know, you know....right?

The best part, it was on "final clearance" for a fraction of the original cost.  I think it ended up being about 65% - 70% off!

It can't get much better than that!

I picked it up at the warehouse, and carried it straight home.

Thanks to a set of hand trucks, I got that baby into the house, unpacked, and placed in it's perfect spot!

 

It fits perfectly!

Now I have to figure out what I want to set on top of it.....

 

AND, what to do with this ugly thing....

14 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! Don't ya love it when you 'just know'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new table is just wonderful. I love the color and the shape. Now a lovely piece of art, or a mirror, a lamp and some other beautiful things and it will just steal the show completely. Great find. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And, bet it looks great with your other pieces. As far as the fish goes, pout. A lot. That's how I finally got the majority of the fishing stuff out of our living room. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, I love love love the table/chest, the wall art, not so much, lol! Cant wait to see it all decorated up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find Robin. It's beautiful and it is perfect in the space. Can't wait to see how you decorate it - you should post it on Marty's Tabletop Tuesday. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Seriously can I come steal it? It is perfect for my foyer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is BEAUTIFUL!
    I understand how you knew it was "right".
    Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, A fish?? You must love Marty more than I love Steve :)

    The table is perfect. Love the style and color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really great piece robin! i'd use mirror above.. something really simple, so as to leave the focus on your table. :) on top.. suggest a lamp & bowl for keys and such..[we use one..saves my entry table from too much clutter]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is beautiful! Great find!
    The fish needs to go back into the river where he came from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the table but the fish has to go! Were did you find the great store? Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laughed about the fish. That so could be the family I grew up in. Pretty piece of furniture and perfect location as you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! It really means a lot to me!!
{{HUGS}}