Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why do I suddenly feel like breaking out into some Sammy Hagar?

Last week when I went to work, this is what the speed limit was....


Today when I went to work, this is what the speed limit was....


OK people, that's 15 mph LESS than normal.

Well, in reality it's closer to 25 mph less, considering 70 mph usually ends up being closer to 80 mph for some people around here.

Not that I would be one of those people. 

I honor any and all speed limit signs, officer!

There was an unfortunate, freak accident last week on Interstate 20, where a truck hit a bad spot on the road, kicking up a rock or piece of the road, and sent it through the windshield of the car behind it, killing the driver.

So our super-intelligent road department decides to lower the speed limit instead of fixing the road.

Yeah, that's going to fix EVERYTHING......

So now, half of my L-O-N-G journey to work every day has now been extended.

It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work this morning.

The good news, my gas mileage has never been better and I have a chance to break out my Sammy Hagar cassette tapes!


All Photos from Google Images
blog comments powered by Disqus