Hubby has been working massive overtime for the past month, so progress has been S-L-O-W!
Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY thankful that he has a good job and his overtime is bringing in some much-needed moola, but DANG......
I want my house back!
pray think all of the "bugs" have been worked out and the rest will be smooth sailing.
We spent 1/2 a day on Friday working on the mantle.
Here is a picture to show what problem we had...
Because our corbels were so thick, the mantle wasn't wide enough to cover them....so, we had to bump it out an extra few inches....causing a big gap.
Because of this gap, we had to cover the top of the mantle with another wider piece of wood.
Hubby's router is on the fritz, so we decided to cover the edge with molding instead of trying to round it out.
I think it looks pretty good....but final verdict will come when it's stained.
UGH, I don't even want to think about that!
But I have told hubby that if the stain gives us ANY problems....that baby is going to end up GLOSS WHITE!
I think this fireplace has caused us enough drama without freaking out over stain!
Praying that the fireplace is finished before our friends come in two weeks!
Wish us luck!