Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WOW! I must be versatile!

This is kind-of funny!  I haven't received a bloggie award in a long, long time, but then I got the same award from TWO different bloggers within the same week!  I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to:


And a brand new bloggie buddy, Janice @ The Northens,

For giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!


Both of these ladies are fantastic, so make sure you visit their blogs and show them some love!

And I guess you could definitely say that I am "versatile"....in the fact that I really don't fit in one blogging "niche".  I'm not necessarily a "Mommy blog", because my children are older, and I don't talk about them in every post.  I'm definitely not a "Decorating or DIY blog", because, let's face it....I may do some decorating and crafts, but that in NO WAY makes me a decorator.  I try to leave that to the TRUE professionals!  LOL.  I'm not a "Spiritual blog", or a "Sick child blog" or "Grief blog", but have have definitely had some posts that would fit in those slots, too.  So, I like it that maybe there is a niche of blogging considered  "Versatile Blogs".

I think I would fit in that space just fine!

So, THANK YOU to Stephanie and Janice for this award!

Now, for the rules:


1.  Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers you have recently discovered and love reading about.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know you gave them an award!


Now is the hard part....what do y'all not know about me?  I mean, I'm pretty much an open book with y'all...LOL

1. I am completely obsessed with the Internet.  Our Internet was out for about 12 hours last week and I almost went into withdrawals!  I mean, if I am shopping or working or spending time with the hubby/kids, I'm fine, but if I'm just sitting down, not doing anything, I must be online.


2.  I am a night owl.  I normally don't go to bed until after midnight and am usually awake before 7:00 am.  I can't nap, either.  When I try to nap, I feel horrible when I wake up.


3.  I used to play the saxophone in the marching band until I quit in my Jr. year of high school.


4.  Marty was my ex-boyfriend's best friend.  It's a very long and interesting story...but let me just say, it all worked out for the best for all parties involved.  Since my anniversary is quickly coming up, I may have to share the story...lol


5.  Marty and I set our wedding date on our first date....and that's the exact day we got married!


6.  I've been driving since I was 12.  Like out on the road and stuff....for real driving. And the first time I got stopped in all those years was the day I turned 16 and was on my way to get my license.  It was a routine license check, so the officer told me "Tell that old man to shut up and let you drive".


7.  Since I've been a nurse (1997), I've worn lace-up shoes maybe 3 times, and shoes with a back on them probably 6 or 7 times (that includes the lace-up shoes).  I am addicted to shoes without backs on them.  I wear them Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.


OK, now the really, really hard part....choosing 15 blogs that I think that deserve this award.  It's so hard because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the blogs that I follow and I think you ALL deserve this award!  So, let me just pick and choose some bloggers that I don't think will kill me....lol!.


1.  Roxanne @ Brentwood Drive
2.  Jenny @ Zach's Gang
3.  "B" @ Just the View from this Bumpkin's Porch
4.  Valarie @ Assistant (to the) Room Mom
5.  Lisa @ Living Upward
6.  Kim @ Live at the 205
7.  Sue @ Our Really Empty Nest 
8.  Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas
9.  Marla @ Always Nesting 
10.  Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life  
11.  Tracie @ Tale of Many Cities
12.  Kat @ Empty Nester
13.  "LA Girl" @ Sweet Tea
14.  Laura @ Call Sign: Navy Wife
15.  Kelli @ Countin' My Blessings


Now, if I didn't list your blog here, it doesn't mean that I don't LOVE YOU because I DO!  But most of these ladies I either know in real life, Facebook and/or Twitter and/or e-mail with them on a regular basis, or have been bloggie buddies with for a LONG time.  If somebody is going to fuss at me for making them work hard, I would rather it be somebody that I know....LOL 


I hope you all have a most wonderful and fantastic week!  I am really sad because it's the last week of my kid's summer vacation.  I love my kids being home with me and I just dread getting back into that school-day routine again.



blog comments powered by Disqus