Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Wisest Kid in the Whole World!





Jameson, my 11 year old son, is awesome.  He is so stinkin' clever and wise,  and I never know what he's going to say next!  This weekend, as he was running through the house, he stopped at my chair and said "You know what?  Eating dessert first never killed anybody!"

After I finished laughing, I thought about what he said, and realized he was right.  Eating dessert first never killed anybody, but boy can it be frustrating when your kids don't want to eat anything BUT dessert.

Jameson is SUCH a picky eater.  Until the past year-or-so, I honestly don't know how he survived because it seemed like he didn't eat enough calories to keep him going.  Obviously he did, but I'm afraid his "eat dessert first" mentality is the only way he did survive.  Fortunately (?), his eating has definitely picked up over the past year, but finding things for him to eat other than pizza, burgers and chicken has been tough.

This is where Campbell's and the Wisest Kid in the Whole World came to my rescue.  Campbell's Wisest Kid the the Whole World is the ultimate expert on what makes kids happy.  Through their recipe destination www.campbellskitchen.com, Campbell's gives you tons of new, kid-friendly recipes like Mini Chicken Pot Pies, and fun ways for your kids to eat tomato soup or chicken noodle soup.

I looked through all of their amazing and mouth-watering recipes, and immediately knew that their Pepperoni White Skillet Pizza recipe would be worth trying!  Pepperoni, chicken, noodles, and Campbell's cream of mushroom soup...what's not to like?

I decided to make it on a work night, so to speed the process up for me, I cooked my chicken all day in the crock pot.  (Chicken breasts and Swanson chicken broth, low, all day long).  When I walked in the door, the house already smelled wonderful, but once I started putting together all the other ingredients, the house smelled AMAZING!  Marty was as curious about the recipe as I was, and he helped me put everything together.  Once we completed the last step, we couldn't even wait for the final cook time to take several  a bite.

Photo from HERE because my picture shows off my messy cooktop.  HAHA!

OH MY WORD!  It tasted FABULOUS!  Marty and I spent a good 5 minutes just standing at the stove with forks eating straight from the pan!  I guess it's a good thing we aren't germaphobes.  Marty and I loved it, but the big question was, would Jameson like it?

Here's the big test...will he like it?




YES!  Success!  He liked it!!!  He liked it!!


Look at that huge second bite!


So YES Jameson, "Eating dessert first never killed anybody", but it sure is nice for you to eat your DINNER first, every once in a while!


Is your kid the Wisest Kid in the Whole World?  Do they say things that just make you scratch your head and then beam with pride because its just so clever?  Of course they do!  Through Campbell's Wisest Kid in the Whole World, you can share your kid's wise sayings with all your family and friends, and with the whole world!
blog comments powered by Disqus