Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Enough to make this grown woman have a come-apart!


Last night, I rushed home from an irritating day at work, anxiously waiting for 7:00. I ran in, fixed supper, got my plate ready, sat down, and got the DVR all warmed up and ready to go.

As 7:00 comes around, I could hardly contain my excitement because the television event I had been waiting on for MONTHS was finally here!  I flipped over to my local Fox affiliate, fulling expecting to find this:


(photos from Google Images)

Instead, I found THIS:


I just about had a COMPLETE come-apart!

For those of you who are new to my site, or don't remember, this is a "come-apart":


Except mine was on a grown-up scale, and may have involved flinging things and saying words that I really shouldn't even know.

As I went to Facebook and Twitter, it was good to know that many of my friends also felt the same way.  But it still didn't make me feel any better. 

I've waited for months to see this one particular episode, and I could not believe, that after weeks and weeks of beautiful, DRY weather, on this ONE night, we would have severe weather!  Don't get me wrong, I am ALL for having continuous coverage during severe weather, but dang, make whatever the public is missing available after the severe weather threat is over.  At least our local ABC station (and Mr. James Spann) will always re-air later in the evening (weather permitting).  Fox said they would try to get it online later the next day.

(Well, thanks for nothing Fox 6, Hulu's got my back!  I was able to watch it FIRST THING this morning on Hulu.com.)

Immediately after the show was over, the tornado warning miraculously went away, and regular programming was back on.  TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE, thankyouverymuch!  Fortunately, on another station, the original Rocky Horror Picture Show came on.

At least the entire night wasn't a complete disappointment....

Because grown-up come-aparts aren't very pretty!



blog comments powered by Disqus