Friday, October 1, 2010

My Non-Traditional Fall Dining Room

As you can tell by my last post, when it comes to decorating for Fall, I'm not big into the "traditional". 


It's not that I don't LOVE traditional fall decorating, I just have this "thing" about orange.  It reminds me too much of Auburn (ROLL TIDE ROLL).  So, if I can get by without using orange, I try.

These days, it's not really too much of a problem.  There are fall-themed products out there that are every color of the rainbow.  PLUS, if you can't find something in the color you need, you can always paint it or make it!

I normally try to decorate my front porch to the hilt, but this year, a certain spastic puppy has attempted to single-handedly (or pawedly) destroy every thing we put out there, so I think most of our decor will be restricted to the inside.  Luckily, I have my new and improved dining room to work with!  I have been killing myself trying to get the dining room finished for Kelly's Korner 'Show Us Your Life' today, but I ran out of time yesterday (I just linked my old dining room post), so I was able to take my time and get some extra things done this morning.  From the pictures, the shelves do look a little "crowded", but they don't look that way in person, besides, once Fall is over, half of the stuff will be coming out.

I hope you enjoy!


I am planning on doing a tutorial on how I make my banners soon!


These are the cutest, easiest little pumpkins made of scrapbook paper. I found them on a blog last week.  They literally take minutes to make!





It wouldn't be "ME" without a little weird, would it?






I hope you enjoyed my fall-decorated dining room!  If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

blog comments powered by Disqus