Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

For the past several years, I've tried to make Valentine's Day cards for the kids.  It's not that I have anything against boxed cards, they are just so "alike".  Never being one who wants to blend in with the crowd, I spend tons of time trying to find cute ideas to make for them.  This year, there were SO MANY adorable cards and ideas out there, it was hard to choose....so I let the kids choose for themselves.
 
After spending HOURS trying to figure out how to save these into my computer, here are our Valentine's Day cards for 2011:
 
This is Chelsea's card.  She didn't really want anything "cutesy", so I just did a simple, fun card.  I added a little heart "bling" to the corner of her picture that's not showing up on the example.


I know this is not a new picture of her, but Marty and I love, love, love the expression she has in this picture.  She loved it too, and that's all that really matters.

Here is Jameson's card:


I got the idea for his card from here.  It does look almost exactly like her example, but I did every single thing myself...from downloading multiple fonts, to printing out black mustache's to attach to all the cards. The actual cards have a big, black mustache attached to the front so the kids can wear them once they get the card.  We had so much fun making these!

And here is my card that I am giving to my co-workers AND to all of you, my most wonderful bloggie buddies:


I got the idea for this card here.  I love, love, love the original!  It took me FOREVER to make that little monkey face, but I think he turned out pretty cute.

I hope you all have a most wonderful and fantastic Valentine's Day, full of love and surprises!  I love each and every one of you!
blog comments powered by Disqus