Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Peeps post, revisited....again!

This is post that I originally wrote in 2009 regarding my love of Peeps....or rather my love of destroying Peeps in the microwave!  There seems to be a lot of Peep-talk around blogland and Twitter over the past week or so, so I thought I would repost my last Peep adventure!

I hope you enjoy!
--------------------------------------------

Since it is that time of year again, I thought I would repost this from last Spring.

So that means it's time to break out the...

PEEPS!!!
 
PEEPS you say? YES, PEEPS!

What are Peeps?

"Peeps are marshmallow candies, sold in the US and Canada, that are shaped into chicks, bunnies, and other animals. There are also different shapes used for various holidays. Peeps are primarily used to fill Easter baskets, though recent ad campaigns tout the candy as "Peeps - Always in Season". They are made from marshmallow, sugar, gelatin, and carnauba wax." from Wikipedia
 
You still don't know what I'm talking about?

Well, here ya go.

Aren't they pretty?

For years, one of the first signs of Spring are the colorful Peeps for sale in the Easter Isles at Wal-Mart and Target.

Personally, I can't stand the way that Peeps taste. I know, shocking, isn't it? It's marshmallow and sugar, what's not to like? I think it must be a texture thing. Or, it could be the graininess of the sugar.....I'm not really sure.

But anyway.....since this is one of the few sugar-infused things I don't eat, I wanted to figure out something to do with them....

I KNOW! I'LL BLOW THEM UP!!

Blowing up Peeps is not a new idea. Just go to You-tube, type in
and you will be rewarded with clip after clip of Peep hilarity.

I originally got the idea to blow up Peeps from some of my buddies from a Jeremy Mayfield fan site. After seeing clip after clip of melted Peep goodness, I just knew I had to try it!

Here are some photos from the past several year's tomfoolery.

First, you get an assortment of PEEPS.

Next, you arrange them in a pretty pattern.

Put them in the microwave, and tell them "Goodbye!"


Awwwwe, poor little Peeps!



Let's do it again!!

Peep Rainbow, Before:



After:



Let's try poking a stick through them! Before:



After:



What about chocolate Peeps?
Awwwwe, aren't they sweet? They are holding hands!




Ewwwwwwwe, I'm not sure I like the way those chocolate Peeps look!

What if you blew up a whole unopened package of Peeps?







YUK! WHAT A MESS!!!

What about a Peep INSIDE a chocolate egg?







EWWWWWE! That's an even BIGGER MESS!!


What about "Generic" Peeps?





OK, I don't think I want to try THOSE again....those eyes, those beaks....
SO DISTURBING!!!


What about Gummy Bears?



Nahhhhh, I think we should stick to Peeps!


**YAWN**

I'm getting a little bored with this....let's try something different!

Let's give our Peeps some *BLING*!

Awwwwwe, isn't she PRETTY?



EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!


WOW! That was exciting!!


Well, the "Bling" Peeps were so spectacular, I just had to share with some friends of mine who came for a visit. It was October, so of course, we had to use Halloween Peeps!

LOT'S OF BLING!!!



Uhhhhhh, Houston, we have a problem!!!!


 
OOOOOOOOOPS!!!

Maybe I better stop now!

Look at all of these poor Peeps!



I am sorry to say that the "plate breaking" Peeps were the last Peeps I've ever blown up. Not only did those Peeps break my 20 year old Corelle plate,
it also blew-up my microwave!

**sigh**

Spring just isn't going to be the same this year.

--------------------------------

I hope my Peep post inspires you all to experiment with your own Peeps this year, like Rachel and Ali did!


blog comments powered by Disqus