Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spam can come in the most unusual manner !

***04/11/11 UPDATE!***

Well, this morning I got another e-mail using my blog address from a new person.  This person's name is:



and her e-mail said:

is the property still availible ?

lauren

I guess we are all in for the long haul.  Just beware everyone!

*******************************

Yesterday, I got an email from somebody named Kathy Lagoli (email address:

Re: alabama slacker mama: who said...


Hello,

Would you be available to discuss this on the phone ?

kathy

I don't know a "Kathy Lagoli" and why in the world would someone want to discuss THIS blog post?  I mean, it's just two pictures of my son reading outside.  You want to discuss his posture? Sunscreen use? His choice of reading materials?  I immediately dismissed the e-mail as some sort of spam and deleted it.

Well, this morning, I got another e-mail from Kathy Lagoli @ :

Hello,

Hey didn't hear back from you, are you still in business ?

kathy

Hmmmm, I wasn't aware that Alabama Slacker Mama was a "business", but if it is, yes, I guess I'm still "in business".  So, I decided to Google this "Kathy Lagoli" and low-and-behold, she's been making the blog rounds, sending the exact same e-mails.

So, word to the wise, if you see this name in your e-mail list....

DELETE IT AND FLAG IT AS SPAM!

It's amazing what methods scammers use to get your information!

**UPDATE**

I've since received two more e-mails from my good buddy Kathy.

The third e-mail used the address 





Hello,

are you still selling that iphone ?

kathy


blog comments powered by Disqus