Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm still here!

It's been 5 days since deadly tornadoes ripped through my home state of Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Georgia.  It's hard to believe that this time last week, we were still blissfully unaware what would happen on that horrible day.  Thankfully, we were unscathed, as were all of my family and the majority of my friends.  How in the world did we get so blessed?

I have definitely been on information overload.  I think I've watched every video, interview, photo stream that's been posted on the Internet.  I've read every Facebook post at least 5 times and every Twitter post, too. My husband, who is a utility worker, has told me some things that I really wished I didn't know, as have friends and family that were indirectly affected by the storms.  But even after all this information, it's still hard to believe that it really happened.

But it did!

It can be difficult to figure out who/what/where to help, so here are some detailed lists of where supplies can be brought and/or sent:

A wonderful, detailed list of WHO, HOW, and WHERE you can help.

(Just a side note: I've talked about James Spann several times before on this blog. He is our local Alabama Meteorologist. This man (and his crew) probably saved thousands of lives on Wednesday.  Since the storms, if he's not live on the air, he's on Facebook/Twitter trying to helping those in need, and actually out in the middle of the devastation helping.  He is incredible and Alabama is EXTREMELY lucky to have him!)


OK, I am going to say this right now for the entire world to see....Auburn University has shown this state, and the entire country what class and the spirit of helping is all about.  In a matter of days, they have mobilized their entire AU family and have made such a HUGE difference in this recovery effort.  I can't even begin to explain all that they are doing.  PLEASE, if you don't click on any other link, click on the Toomers for Tuscaloosa link and just see them in action.

ROLL TIDE ROLL & WAR EAGLE!


Football season will never be the same again!

My blogging may be off for the next few weeks, as this state slowly begins to rebuild, but I promise, I am here and I will be back!

blog comments powered by Disqus