Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What a great day!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

We wanted to spend some with my Mother, so we decided to cook at home instead of doing our normal 4th activities.

The day went fantastic.....until Marty got called into work.

Don't get me wrong, we are VERY thankful he has a good job, we just miss him when he's not with us.

We were having such a good time, I didn't even get my camera out until later.

Since Marty got called in, I needed some "mommy friendly" fireworks, so we headed to our local-supported fireworks stand.  Jameson hates loud noises, as do I, so we settled to Snap Pops and Sparklers.

We came home, waited out a thunderstorm, and lit up!

I tried to change my camera's setting to capture our fireworks, but just didn't quite get them right.  But here is what we ended up with.




 Trying to wave the smoke out of his face.





We came to the conclusion that the wooden stick sparklers are WAAAY too smokey.  We decided that the old-fashioned, metal sparklers were the best!


We hope you have a wonderful week!!
blog comments powered by Disqus