Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

Hey my friends!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

It's the second week of school here, and so far, things have been going great!

Chelsea is working in the lunch room at school this year.  She is hot and tired at the end of the day, but she loves it!  Oh, and she is already getting daily love letters from a new admirer.  He's as cute as can be, but there is one tiny little problem....he's ELEVEN!  Just a little too young for my NINETEEN year old.  HAHA!  She didn't tell me or her Nana about him, she told her daddy first.  She then told her daddy to "make him stop".  It is so funny to watch her face when we tease her about being a cradle robber.  She says for us to stop it, but she is loving every minute of it!

--------------------------------------------

Jameson had a great first week, much to our relief!  He got an award for his summer reading, complete with a free pass to the home football games and an ice cream at lunch.  Then, one of the teachers saw him holding the door open for several classmates, so he got a reward for that, too.  He choose to have a sweet tea to drink during lunch.  He really likes his teacher and his classmates, so I hope things continue going great!

-----------------------------------------

Baby Reed is doing fantastic!  He's eating from a bottle several times a day and gaining weight quickly.  They are hoping he's home for his mama's birthday, which is August 31st.  Praying for him to be home soon!

 (Photos stolen borrowed from daddy)

This picture seriously cracks me up!

----------------------------------------

I'm back to my usual school time car rider line routine.  I try to be close to the front of the line, to avoid the horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE traffic, so that means I have about an hour to kill while waiting.  My favorite thing to do is read, so I've downloaded several new books.

So far, I've read:


It was so good, I literally read it in about 10 hours.  I downloaded it right before I left for car rider line that afternoon, and I was finished with it by 10:00 the next morning! I loved it and I can't wait to see the movie!

I then moved to these books:


These are really good books, but by the time I got to the end of Mockingjay, I was so depressed!  These books really get into your head and give you a lot to think about, especially in this day of political unrest in so much of the world.  It did have a semi-happy ending, however.  If they can make the movie like the book, it should be really good!

Anybody have any recommendations for good books that I can read now?

-------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I have shared this or not, but I want to learn how to sew.... not big fancy things, simple things, like straight lines. lol  I was the only person in my Home Ec class that couldn't sew a straight line or thread the machine, much to my mother's dismay.  But over the past few months, I've really wished I had a machine just so I could sew a hem or a ruffle.  So, I decided to take my birthday money and buy a really simple, basic machine.  I looked in Wal-Mart and saw this really nice machine sitting on the bottom shelf, with a red clearance sticker on it.  It was regularly $149.00, marked down to $109.00.  It was a little fancier than I wanted, but it was marked down close to the prices of some of the basic machines, so I decided to get it.  When I got to check-out with it, it scanned $74.00!  I couldn't believe it! 

It's a Brother, Limited Edition Project Runway machine.  When I got home, I looked it up online, and it's selling on Ebay for $209.00!

I still don't have a clue how to use it, but I hope to learn soon!
----------------------------------------

My husband texted me with great news this morning.

Jacks is selling pork chop biscuits again!
  
I am one happy fat girl this morning!

-------------------------------------------------

Well, that's all I've got this morning.  I've got tons of housework to do today!  I hope you all have a fantastic week!


blog comments powered by Disqus