Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pinterest strikes again!

I've talked many times about my obsession with Pinterest.  You can find ideas on just about anything and everything.  So, when I was trying to come up with a creative idea to wrap a gift card, I went straight to Pinterest!

I have been crazy about these owls since I first started looking:
Detailed instructions HERE.

I thought these would be perfect for gift cards!

Luckily, I had already downloaded a free pattern for the pillow box shape for my Silhouette.  I sized the pattern to make it fit on one piece of paper, then I figured out the sizes for the other pieces and created those shapes with the Silhouette software.  I found some cute papers, and started cutting.  It took very little time to put everything together (glue dots would have made my task a lot easier!).  I couldn't believe that it actually looked like an owl when I was finished!


It is the absolute perfect size for a gift card!

Since I decided to use this instead of a card, I wanted to make sure I had the name and a message on the owl.


I loved it, but I still thought it needed a little something...


Ahhhhh, much better!

Happy Birthday to my sister, Diane (on Sunday)!  I love you and I hope you have a fantastic day!

If you would like to make some owls of your own, go HERE for instructions!
blog comments powered by Disqus