Monday, August 29, 2011

Two more banners complete!

I love making things.  At any given time, I have at least 10 or 15 2 or 3 projects going on.  Most of the time, my dining room (the only available space I have) looks like Hobby Lobby exploded in it.  I really need a craft room.  HAHA!

Frequently Occasionally, I start on a project, and for the life of me, just can't get it finished.  I don't know if it's my ADD or just plain laziness, I just can't seem to get my act together.  These two banners are two such projects.

The first is a banner that one of my long-time blog friends, Tee, asked me to make for an upcoming reunion.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but I couldn't find what I wanted, or if I did find what I wanted, the price was just too much.  Well, this week, I hit pay dirt at Hobby Lobby!  Not only did they have exactly what I was looking for, but it was also 50% off!  WOOOO HOOOOO!  Gotta love Hobby Lobby's 50% off sales!





The letters are metallic, so that's why they look different colors.

  I can't wait until Tee see's it, and I hope she loves it!

----------------------------
The next banner is for a very special little man.  I've literally been working on this banner for the past 3 months.  I've changed shapes, sizes, papers....added things, taken away things.....I've spent more time on this banner than any other.  I guess the biggest thing is I really just want it to be special, and am afraid of it not matching, being the wrong colors, size, or the family just not liking it.  I told them that if they didn't like it, just pretend they do to my face, and they can throw it away when I'm not looking.  HAHA!



And if you haven't guessed it yet, the recipient is this little dude:


Who is doing SO WELL, that he may get to come home this week.....just in time for his Mama's birthday!

I can't wait to see his nursery finished with HIM in it!

So, for the first time in a long time, I'm finished with everything that HAS to be done for other people.  Which gives me time to work on something that is really important....

Jameson's birthday party!

----------------------------------

I hope everyone has a wonderful and fantastic last week of Summer!

blog comments powered by Disqus