Monday, October 31, 2011

No Tricks here....only TREATS!

Happy Halloween everybody!

I am a little sad because my absolute favorite time of the year is coming to an end today.  No more scary movies, no more really cool Halloween decorations, no more trick or treating...

Anyway, I'm really sorry that I've been totally absent from Blogland recently.  I've been working on several projects like CRAZY, and computer time has been limited.  I'm completely finished with two of the four big projects, and have a lot done on the other two.  I just have to make it through Saturday, and then I think I will take a solid month of a craft-free holiday.  It sounds extreme (to me), but I.AM.TIRED.  Hobby Lobby isn't even looking good to me right now.  HAHA!

I always try to do something special for my kid's classmates and my co-workers.  This year, I decided to do the same treat for both.

I originally saw this idea on Pinterest around May of this year, and I just knew I HAD to do it!

I loved everything about it, so I tried to get everything as close to her original as possible.  I even got into a bidding war with someone on Ebay to get the retired stamp set.  HAHA!  I am SO tickled how these turned out!  It took a LOT more time than I thought it would, and I don't even have a clue how much money they ending up costing, but I love the end result!

My Sunday School students loved them, so I hope the school students and my co-workers do to!

Test tubes filled with color-coded skittles!

 I made 100 in total.  These are just the one's for the kid's classrooms.





 
Here are the kid's gift bags, complete with custom labels I made with the Silhouette software.

I also decided to have a little fun with some Hershey's kisses:





It was a lot of work, but I love how everything turned out.  I hope the kids like them too!

I hope you all have the most wonderful day ever, filled with lots of TREATS!


blog comments powered by Disqus