Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Slacker Mama's 2011 Thanksgiving

Many years ago, Thanksgiving was often rushed and stressful, with everyone trying to make it to two (or more) Thanksgiving dinners.  We would scarf down a traditional meal at one place, and then rush to another place for a second traditional meal.  I don't know about everyone else, but when I got to the second meal, I wasn't hungry at all.  So somebody (my mom, I think?) came up with the idea of having a Thanksgiving brunch instead.  Instead of turkey and dressing, we have ham biscuits, breakfast casserole, sausage cheese muffins, and whatever assorted snacks that anyone wants to bring.  We LOVE it!

We eat, talk, eat, laugh, eat, and look through all of the hundreds of sales papers.  We always have plenty of time, and by the time we get to our respective traditional dinners, we are hungry again!

This year was the second year we hosted my family for the brunch.  Wednesday, the house was a mess, but I worked all day long and got the house clean AND organized!  Everything (well almost everything) is out of sight, but I know where it is.  What a great feeling!

Now, for the pictures!


At the last minute, I decided to make a pound cake.  I'm glad I did because it was SO good!


Don't you just love these cute "bacon and eggs"?  I saw the idea on Pinterest and just had to try it!  They were a hit! Under the "bacon and eggs" is Kim Wheeler's "Christmas crack". It is SO good and addicting!


Look at that spread. Makes me hungry just looking at it!


Chelsea, Marty, Langdon (in the back), Jerry and Bryson.


My precious Mama


Diane, Jameson (doesn't he look excited?), and Derek.


Drooling over all the sales!  Selena, Laura, and Bo (at his first Jones family brunch!)

After brunch, Marty and I went to his Mom's house to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  We got there a little late, so I don't have any pictures of the food, but there was a TON (as always).


Sierra


Natalie


Jameson

Now, for a little show....The many faces of Shelby:





This is actually a picture of my mother-in-law....but if you look to the left, you will see Shelby.


I can't take this girl anywhere.  HAHA!

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and I hope you have a wonderful week!
blog comments powered by Disqus