Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's officially the Christmas season.  Around here, that means it's the craziest, busiest, most insane time of the year!  My ADD goes into major overdrive with so many things to do....which usually turns into me getting a lot of projects started, but nothing actually finished.  HAHA!

Thanks to my wonderful husband, who had a few days off during the Thanksgiving weekend, we got a lot of the Christmas decorating done!  I'm so thankful to him for being my motivation to get things done!  We still have several things to finish, but the foundation is complete!


The ladder is not part of the decor.  HAHA!





All the light fixtures got their own Christmas bling!


Jameson even got his tree up and decorated. (Unfortunately, not cleaned around, though.  HAHA)



We even got a lot done outside!  I still need to decorate the trees and add a few more things, but I'm liking it so far!


Here is the mantle.  I was working on a really cute banner to put here...


However, due to a very unfortunate and painful hot glue gun accident that involved SIX of my ten fingers (one of which has a HUGE blister on it), the banner (and mantle) remains unfinished.  Nothing like pain to stop the creative flow of energy.  HAHA!


Stupid glue gun.
-------------------------------------------------

The day after a long holiday can be a nightmare for a doctor's office!  For those of you who don't know what I do, I am a phone triage nurse for an OB/Gyn office.  That means I answer all the questions/concerns that people call into the office with.  I also do all the prescription refills, do prior authorizations for meds that the insurance companies don't want to pay for (which takes FOREVER to do),  triage all the new OB patients coming into the office, and schedule emergency appointments. It can be a crazy job, especially the day after a holiday and especially since I usually do it alone.  This is just some of the patients I talked to on Monday:


So please, if you call your doctor's office and it takes a while for them to call you back, remember there is somebody like me on the other end of it trying to call everybody back as quickly as possible!  And a scared, bleeding pregnant patient takes priority over a prescription refill.  Everybody will be called back, it just may take a little while.

------------------------------------------

Saturday was a great day to be an Alabama Crimson Tide fan!


All I am going to say about this is ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

-------------------------------------

Saturday was NOT a good day for my precious mother-in-law.


She felt bad all day Saturday and ended up being admitted to the hospital with insanely high blood pressures.  Fortunately, she passed all the tests with flying colors and was able to come home Monday night.  We are praying this was just a fluke thing and won't happen again!

(Oh, and a little side note....We just loved finding out about it on Facebook...not!)

---------------------------------------
This woman, my wonderful Mama, is a saint.  No really, a SAINT!


She is willing to sacrifice everything (time, money, health, sanity), forgive people, give until she has nothing left, and do it all with a cheerful heart and a smile on her face.  I wish I was just like her.

I hope she enjoys her "second" retirement, which officially started today!  And I hope the person(s) that have been on the receiving end of her generosity truly appreciates what she has given to you!

I love you Mama, and I pray you will have nothing but laughter, joy, health, happiness, love, and PEACE from now on!

------------------------------------------

Speaking of Mamas, someone nominated me for The Top 25 Southern Mama Blogs though the Circle of Moms Network.

THANK YOU to whoever nominated me!  I can't believe anybody even reads what I write, much less nominates me for an award!  And once I saw all the other blogs that have been nominated....Kelly's Korner for one...I'm even more surprised!  I hate asking for votes, but if you like my blog, please click on the Circle of Mom's logo on my right sidebar and vote for me.  You don't have to sign-up for anything or give-up your first born child to vote.  They have made it super easy!  You can vote once every 24 hours until December 20th. 

THANK YOU!!!

-----------------------------------

I hope you all have a fantastic week!!
blog comments powered by Disqus