Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The LONGEST Christmas weekend ever (part 3)!

To read Part 1, click HERE

To read Part 2, click HERE

Marty and I got up, for the second time, and got ready for church.  Both of the kids were still going strong from their 2:37 AM wake up time.  They surprisingly got ready without any problems (well, I guess since they already had SIX hours to play with their stuff, it wasn't hard for them to get ready) and headed to church.

After services, we ran back home to finish a few things, and then headed out to my mother-in-law's house to spend Christmas with Marty's family.  As always, we had a fabulous, loud, and exciting time!  Here are just some of the 100-or-so pictures I took.

Marty's mom (left), and Marty's sister's mother-in-law (did you get that? lol), Mrs. Gilmer (right).  Mrs. Gilmer is facing some pretty serious health problems/treatments over the next few months, so if you could please keep her in your prayers, we would appreciate it!

My beautiful mother-in-law, Barbara.

My sister-in-law, Penny, mil, and sister-in-law, Tammie.

My sister-in-law, Candie, Tammie, mil, and niece, Shelby

My niece, Julie, mil, niece's Sierra, Lauren, and Natalie.

Penny feeding baby Reed.  (I love Candie laughing in the background)

Just some of the presents!  The baby carrier is blocking the majority of them. My sister-in-law, Connie to the right.

Shelby holding Reed.

My niece, Mallory, also holding Reed.

All the kids (and adults) impatiently waiting to open gifts.

Cleaning up with the world's largest garbage bag!  LOL

We all had a great time, but by about 5:00 pm, Marty and I were whooped!  We packed everything up, including a giant tub of Lego's that my nephew Taylor gave to Jameson as a surprise, and headed home to hopefully go to bed!

The kids got really quiet on the way home, so we hoped they were asleep.


When we got home, they were WIDE awake and ready to play with all of their things!

Marty and I tried to encourage them to go to bed "so they could wake up refreshed and play all day long with their things". 

Nope, didn't work.

At this point, we had all been awake for about 19 hours (with only two hours of sleep for the adults prior to the 19 hour marathon).  How in the world were the kids still going strong?

Well, about 9:00, I had enough.  I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and I abandoned the rest of the family and went to bed.  Besides, I was the only one who had to actually get up for work the next day.

I have no idea what time the kids actually went to sleep, but I will guess that they were getting close to being awake for a full 24 hours.

When I left for work the next morning, everyone else was SOUND in, I had to check and make sure they were still breathing....sound asleep.  (Am I the only mom that does that?)  

I will say this was an incredible Christmas.  Everyone was happy, HEALTHY (which is a first in many, many years), and was relatively stress free.

I can't wait to do it all again next year!

I hope you all are having a fantastic week and I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us all!!
blog comments powered by Disqus