Monday, January 9, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Welcome to the first Mama's Mumblings of 2012!

Can you believe that it is already 2012?  I remember when I was a kid, thinking ahead to the year 2000, and thinking about how OLD I would be then.  And now, it's 2012.  My body may be old in years, but inside, I'm still only 18!  HAHA!

Does anybody else feel that way?

--------------------------------------

I met a super fabulous blog reader over the weekend!  Laralee contacted me a few months ago about some ideas for her son's Lego birthday party.  We've been e-mailing back and forth since then, and finally had a chance to meet on Saturday!  **Hi Laralee!!!**  I made a few Lego cupcake toppers for her precious son, Lane's 6th birthday.


I love doing different projects for others.  I learn something new every single time I make something.  For this project, I learned how to do the curved words with the Silhouette software!

Meeting Laralee was so much fun and her son was just adorable!  It's too bad we didn't get to spend more time running our mouths.  But I think her husband was getting tired of waiting for us to stop talking!  HAHA!  I'm sure we will see more of each other in the future!

----------------------------------------

While I was off meeting Laralee, my husband (and Jameson) was busy putting up all the Christmas stuff back into the attic.  This is no small feat, to say the least.  While they were out in the garage doing this, they decided to clean up, too.  While they were cleaning, my husband found a true blast from the past.  I can't wait to share his find with you.  As a hint, let me just say "Senior portraits" and "Mullets RULE!".

EEEEEEEK!

---------------------------------------

My kitchen curtain fabric came in.  It's a little different color than I was expecting (the red is more rust colored than I expected), but with the right contrasting fabric, I think I can make it work!


 (Sorry for the poor quality. I was trying to take these at night)

I was thrilled that I was able to find some trim that matched perfectly on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby!

(This is a better representation of the true fabric color)

The good news is that I found this perfect colored trim.....the bad news is we figured I need 15 YARDS of it to make it work.  It looks like I'm going to have to hit every Hobby Lobby in the South to find enough!

I initially planned on using the exact same style of curtain that I had before:


This is a Victory Swag pattern.

But I found this on Pinterest the other day, and thought it may work well, too:

(From here)

The above looks like a large (lined) rectangle of fabric just clipped to make it swag.  This would be much easier to make, in my opinion.  But I do love my current Victory Swag.  LOL

I've also found a great coordinating fabric, but will have to wait until next payday to get that.  HAHA!

--------------------------------------------

A HUGE Thank You to all of you who voted for me for the Top 25 Southern Mama Blogs a few weeks ago.  I didn't win, but I did finish 6th!


I feel extremely honored that somebody out there even nominated me, much less voted for me....especially considering some of the other blogs that were on the list!

Thank you ALL again!  I have the best bloggie buddies ever!!

-------------------------------------

Well, I feel a little down tonight.  I go back to work after getting to stay at home with my family for the past 12 days.  Don't get me wrong, I am extremely blessed to have the job that I have, working for the people I do, but in a perfect world, I would be a stay-at-home mom.  I may be weird, but I love the routine of my day when I'm not working.  I love knowing that on Wednesdays, I do laundry, and on Fridays, I do my grocery shopping.  I know that at 2:00 every day I will be in car-rider line, and will be helping with homework by 3:10.  I never thought I would not want to be a working mom, but the older I get, the more I crave family time.  But for now, I will just try to enjoy every second that I do have with them!

-----------------------------

I hope you all have a fantastic and wonderful week!!



blog comments powered by Disqus