Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Making something you love, work!


Even though we've been in our house a little over 4 years now, a lot of the house remains undecorated.  Most of time, I know what I want, but I either I can't find it or I can't afford it.  Our master bathroom is one of those spaces.

Here is a big blank wall right next to my vanity area.  I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to go there.  
 


Then for Christmas, my friend Julie gave me the cutest piece of subway art that matched perfectly!  I immediately knew it belonged on that wall!  

But there was a problem:
 


The subway art was being swallowed up by that gigantic wall!  I was determined to make it work in that space, so I had to figure out how to make it stand out. 

After a lot of thinking and looking around, I came up with a perfect solution:




What do you think?

Just by adding a frame around the art, it makes all the difference in that space!

Close-up    
Now, this is the very first thing I see when I get up in the morning and it never fails to put a huge smile on my face!  I'm glad I finally figured out how to make something I loved, work.

Thank you Julie for this perfect gift!
blog comments powered by Disqus