Monday, March 12, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Hey!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  

It was beautiful here...unfortunately, we had one LESS hour of it than usual.  Daylight savings time is for the birds!  Why don't they just leave the time alone?  Don't get me wrong, I do love the longer days, but why can't they just leave it like this?  Nature takes care of making the days longer and shorter, we don't need a law to do it!

-------------------------------------

As I alluded to on Friday, we were working on the kitchen this weekend.  I am happy to say, we are FINISHED with all the moldings and painting!  WOOO HOOOO!  Now all we have left to do is have the new curtains made, decorate, and clean.



We must be getting better in our old age.  It only took 2 months and 10 days to finish this project.  If this keeps up, I may have to change the name of my blog!

-------------------------------------

Thank you all for your continued prayers for the Fox family!  They are still waiting on the insurance adjusters to do their claims, so that has been extremely frustrating for them.  However, they have received some good news.  Over the weekend, they finally found their cat, Simon, who had been missing since the storm. 

Photo from Tiffany's FB page
He had some battle wounds, but is happy to be back in the loving arms of his family!  Also, Tiffany's daughter, Grace, was accepted into Chattanooga Center for Creative Arts!  Grace applied several months ago and they just got the news late last week!  Everyone is so proud of her!

-------------------------------------

I appreciate all the curiosity over the rainbow-colored M and M's the other day:


But this was actually just the result of sorting all the M and M's for the Dr. Seuss treats I did.

The plan was to use the left over green and white M and M's to make similar treats for St. Patrick's Day, BUT, that one little cup of green M and M's won't be enough to start making all those treats for everybody.  They do sell green and white M and M's, but they are coconut flavored and Jameson says they are "nasty".  I think they are a little bit larger than the plain M and M's too, so no way will they fit in those teeny-tiny bags.  HAHA!  So, thanks to your idea, I'm thinking about making rainbow bags instead!  I just wish they made gold M and M's to put at the bottom of the rainbow.

---------------------------------------

Still no news on Marty's job promotion.  Nobody has a clue why this particular job opening is taking so long.  It's not that nobody has been awarded the job, they haven't even started the interview process!  We have been so frustrated.  It's like we have been in a holding pattern with several things until we know one-way-or-another about the job.  So, this weekend we decided to just go on with our plans like the new job is not even an option and if it's meant to be, it will happen.  Marty loves his current job, so he's just going to continue working his rump off as usual.

--------------------------------------

I joined an online yard sale on Facebook last week, with the hopes of finding some good things for great prices.  Somebody was selling a small microwave for super-cheap and I told him I wanted it.  We made plans to met (in a public place) after church to make the exchange.  Well, let me just say, it was not a good experience.  We waited for a solid HOUR and he never showed!  What a waste of time!  I'm not sure if I will be attempting buying anything again.

------------------------------------

I've been trying to get into the Easter mood this weekend.  I have managed to get a few things put out.



Isn't this the cutest little picture?  I found it at TJ Maxx last week for only $6.99!  You gotta love some TJ Maxx!

------------------------------------------

Well, I guess that's all I've got for the first Monday after Daylight Savings Time.  I hope you all have the best week ever!!


blog comments powered by Disqus