Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Hey friends!  I hope you all are having a fantastic week!

--------------------------------------

We had an unexpected surprise yesterday.  Jameson's worm, Squirmy, who made a cocoon a few weeks ago, finished his transformation yesterday!






Jameson was so excited, but a little disappointed it turned into a moth and not a beautiful butterfly.  I think it's an incredible process, no matter the outcome!

--------------------------------------

My curtains are finished!  Actually, Mama finished them the very next day after our "sewing party" last week! (You know, once I got out of her way and let her do her thing!)  I still don't have my rods back up in the kitchen (I'm going to move them up a little), but will have them up hopefully by the weekend!  They already look SO good, so I can't imagine how great they will look once they are up!

---------------------------------------

Monday was an incredibly frustrating and difficult day at work.  You know your day is bad when you are already in tears because you are so mad by 9:30 am...and you didn't get there until 9:00 am.  Monday I was seriously considering finding another profession!  Anyway, I managed to make it through the day (with help from a few people) and went home still upset and exhausted.

Tuesday morning, I walked into my office and this was sitting on my desk:



I can't even describe how much this meant to me.  I literally started crying right there on the spot!  So, I put a smile on my face, and tried to have a better attitude for the rest of the day!

Little things like this can really make a difference.  I work with some wonderful women!

--------------------------------------

Monday I shared with all of you the fantastic time we had at Marty's work event.  Well, it got even better Tuesday when Marty got to work and found this:


We won the Bluetooth Headset they were giving away!  Now I can actually talk to Marty while he is driving back and forth to work!

--------------------------------------------

I was gone every single day last week.  Unfortunately, that meant my housework suffered.  Mainly the laundry!  Normally, I spend Wednesdays doing ALL the laundry.  Washing, drying and putting up everything.  Then, I wash all the bed clothes and bath rugs on Thursday.  But since I was gone, I was only able to throw in a load here and there.  So yesterday, I had a MOUNTAIN of laundry to do!  I washed, dried, and folded ALL.DAY.LONG!  By 6:00 pm, I was completely finished!  I was so happy to at least have all our towels, wash cloths, and clothes clean and easily accessible!  Well, as I walked into the laundry room to wipe down the washing machine for the day....I see one lone, wet wash cloth, wadded up in the floor, right next to the garbage can.

**sigh**

I can't tell you how tempted I was to just throw that thing in the trash!  HAHA!

------------------------------------------

And finally, I know some of you have been having problems commenting through Disqus on the blog.  I like the Disqus system because when I reply to you, it goes to your e-mail.  This is so helpful when a commenter doesn't have an e-mail attached to their profile.  So, because of the problems, I decided to try to do an update and then get all my past Blogger comments and Disqus comments merged into one.  Well....now ALL of my comments are "missing" (unless you've commented after the update).  This is extremely frustrating for me because there were several of you that I still needed to reply to, and now I can't find your comments!  So, if I haven't replied to you, PLEASE know it is not intentional!!   The update said they would notify me when everything was merged, so I am PRAYING my comments reappear once that happens!

-------------------------------------------

I hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the week!!
blog comments powered by Disqus