Friday, July 20, 2012

Master Bedroom Photo Wall

This week's Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life theme is Ways to display your pictures.

Well, I am one of those people who take hundreds and hundred of photos, and never print out a single one.  I have years and years of school pictures that are still in their original holder.  I've just never been one to display pictures.  It's not that I don't love to look at them, because I do.  I've just never really known how to display them in a way that I like (and that I can afford).

Well, I had a giant blank wall over my bed and I just knew I wanted to do something dramatic.  I found this photo:

from House Beautiful many years ago
and I just knew that was the look I was going for.  I searched high and low for the floating frames, and finally found some el' cheapo ones at Wal-Mart.  Instead of putting plant drawings in mine, I decided to print out some of the best pictures of the kids.

Other than our stacked-rock fireplace wall, this photo wall was one of the longest-to-complete projects ever!  You can read all about the drama here.  Even though we put a TON of time and effort in completing this wall, it has turned out to be one one of my favorite things in this house!



We love the look so much, we don't even want to buy a headboard because we are scared it will interfere with the photos.

We love this wall so much, we want to do something similar to this in the living room above the couch:

The original link on Pinterest has since been removed. :(
But instead of putting memo boards, I want to display photos.  I have the door and the moldings, I just haven't gotten around to building, painting or hanging it yet.

Maybe one day it will get done!  LOL

-----------------------------------------

So this is how I display my photos. Need some great ideas of your own?  Then head on over to Kelly's Korner to get lots of inspiration!
blog comments powered by Disqus