Monday, August 13, 2012

It beats the alternative!

This weekend was a little painful.

Despite fighting it, kicking a screaming, I had another birthday.  Yup, another whole year older.  I'm swimming around right smack dab in the middle of MIDDLE AGE!  How in the world did that happen?  I mean, I still feel 17 25 in my mind.  But, it definitely beats the alternative, you know?

Adult birthdays around here are usually pretty low key and this one was no exception.  I pretty much stayed in my pj's most of the day, until I finally showered and got dressed to go grab something to eat with the family.  When I got home, my precious friend Julie brought me a suprise:



It's a fabulous Kit-Kat, M and M cake that's been floating around on Pinterest.  And underneath all of that chocolatey goodness is a fantastic yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  MY FAVORITE CAKE OF ALL TIME!  At least one person in my life knows me well enough to remember my most favoritest cake ever!  LOL.  The kids ran up to the cake, Oooooh'ing and Ahhhhh'ing thinking it was the most beautiful culinary masterpiece ever (well, it's pretty close!) and then Chelsea did something that had us laughing the rest of the night....
 

You see that big gap of M and M's with chocolate all over the place?  When Chelsea saw the cake, she thought the WHOLE thing was filled with M and M's and reached in and tried to grab a handful.  When she met with resistance, and then pulled back her hand and saw it was covered with something brown....she freaked out.  She didn't know what was hiding underneath those M and M's.  She quickly realized it was chocolate icing and started licking her fingers.  We all laughed and laughed about her reaction until we had tears running down our legs face!

It was definitely the highlight of my day!

Having another birthday wasn't that bad, I guess...and it definitely beats the alternative!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  I'm going to try to enjoy the last week before school starts!
blog comments powered by Disqus