Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mama's Mumblings



Hey Y'all!  I hope you all are having a wonderful week!

It's been really crazy around here with school starting back.  It has been a little easier since I now only have one child in school.  I thought for sure Chelsea would be missing school and all her friends by now....but NOPE!  She is loving every single second of being out of school!  She's been staying up late and sleeping in....just like a teenager.  Better late than never, I guess.  LOL

--------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of school, my son's school has been chosen by Scholastic as one of the Top 25 Coolest Schools in the country!

Photo from Scholastic
This is such a great honor for our school!  They were one of the first schools in the country to be awarded the Department of Energy's Green Ribbon School last year, and now this.  We are so proud and thankful for the wonderful staff, volunteers, parents, and students of MES!

------------------------------------------------

I've been off work since last Tuesday and I will admit, I've loved every second of it!  I am so thankful that I was able to be at home this week to help Jameson get back into the school routine.  Hopefully, one day this will be my full time job.

-----------------------------------------------

Sweets (the cat) is still fitting in like she's always been here.  She brings more laughs to this house than I've ever imagined.  This cat is WILD!  She has so much energy at times.  I swear, I think SHE thinks she's a dog!  She will even growl like a dog, or maybe she's acting like a lion or tiger?  Either way, it's hysterical!

Yeah, girlfriend has her own special pink minky blanket.

I felt SO bad for her the other day.  Sweets pretty much shares a bathroom with Jameson.  Since the litterbox is in that bathroom, I refuse to use it. LOL  Anyway, the neighbor came over and used that bathroom and we didn't realize that when he came out, he closed the door.  Well, we didn't notice that the door was closed until the NEXT MORNING!   She was a little more vocal and hyper than normal, but we never put two-and-two together and realized she needed to go potty. We have checked every nook and cranny of this house and bless her soul, she HELD IT until we opened the bathroom door!


Yesterday, Sweets had a rare moment of being very affectionate and loving towards me.  I mean, it kind-of freaked me out a little bit because she refused to leave the vicinity of my head/face for a solid hour.  She was full of kisses and purrs.  It was really very sweet.  I could have sat that way all day, but I had to hurry up and get Jameson from school.  She wasn't happy when I had to finally put her down, but she was happy to see "her boy" when he finally got home.

Getting some daddy love.  Just look at that face!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just in the past 4 days, I've gotten orders for 11 split monograms and 21 t-shirts!  I know I can do it, but I am still freaking out a little!

I do have to share this hysterical t-shirt for a friend's son:


 It says: When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone...He had two missed calls from Chuck Norris.  HILARIOUS!

Here is another t-shirt I made over the weekend (not included in the 21 total)

For a very special first-grade teacher at my son's school.

Things are busy, busy...but I am thrilled!

---------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I almost forgot!  Jameson went to a sleepover Friday night and Chelsea was at her Nana's, so Marty and I had the whole night to ourselves!  THAT NEVER HAPPENS!  We went out to eat and not only went to one movie, but TWO!  The best movie we saw was The Expendables 2!  It was GREAT!  If you were a teen/young adult/adult in the 80's, this movie is all of the bad action movies (Rambo, Commando, Die Hard, etc...) all rolled into one.  We LOVED IT!  It's great that these guys can make fun of themselves!

Photo from here.
-------------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a fantastic rest of the week!!
blog comments powered by Disqus