Friday, October 26, 2012

Mama's Mumblings - Jameson updates

Hey friends!

It's Friday!  Is everybody ready for the weekend?  I know we are!

I thought I would do Mama's Mumblings a little different today because I had several Jameson-related things to talk about.

Remember his super-awesome and creepy Halloween pumpkin?


It won third place!  Jameson was so excited!  And now we have a super-awesome and creepy pumpkin to add to our front porch Halloween decor!

---------------------------------------------

I am super proud of him when it comes to his school work!  He brought home his first report card of the year and he has ALL A's!  All of his grades but one were 97 and above!


He also got a 99 in conduct...which is HUGE!  (You know, because he may have a tendency to talk a lot...just like one of his parents....)  HAHA!

-----------------------------------------

The book fair started at Jameson's school last night during the Fall Festival.  Jameson LOVES the book fair, just like I did when I was his age.  (Well, I actually still love the book fair...LOL)  He walked in last night and the first book he grabbed was this:

From HERE
One of the teachers said that all the kids fought to get to check this book out of the library.  I remember being the exact same way as a kid. What is it with kids and the Guinness Book of World Records that is SO fascinating?  Well now we have our own 35-pound copy of the book to read whenever we want to!

-------------------------------------------

Since I volunteered to help with the book fair last night, Jameson was pretty much own his own for the Fall Festival.  I gave him some tickets and told him to go do whatever he wanted as long as he was careful and respectful.  Well, if I had done that last year, he would have spent those tickets in the first 5 minutes and would have been coming back for more.  This year was completely different.  At the end of the night, he only had about 4 pieces of candy, his face painted, and the majority of the tickets I gave him at the beginning of the night.  He spent the majority of the night just "hanging-out" with his friends.

-------------------------------------------

He also came back at the end of the night with something else....


I kept smelling something all night and I just assumed it was because the library was SO crowded.  But the more I smelled it, I realized it was HIM!

Back in February, he wanted me to buy deodorant, but it was because he wanted it, not because he needed it.  Well now he officially NEEDS it!

-----------------------------------------

Jameson has never really been an eater.  Sure, he loved his bottles (would go NUTS waiting on his bottles), but once food was introduced, his eating slowed way down.  He's very picky, and really just doesn't eat much of anything.  Well, that is until lately.

We have definitely noticed an increase in his food intake.  This morning, he ate FOUR of these:


I think we are in trouble for the next 10 years!

-----------------------------------------------

Jameson has never been a morning person.  It it were up to him, he would stay up to 12:00 or 1:00 am and sleep until 9:00 or 10:00.  It is like pulling teeth to get him up in the mornings! But for the past three days, there have been big changes.

Minecraft (the computer game he's obsessed with) had some sort of update scheduled for early Wednesday morning.  He asked me to wake him up early so he could upload the update.  I told him there was no way I was getting up that early, and if he wanted to get up early bad enough, he could just set his own alarm and get up by himself.  Well, he thought about it and decided that's what he wanted to do.  He set his alarm, and went to sleep.
The next morning, when I got up at my usual time, I noticed Jameson wasn't up.  I went into his room, where his alarm was going off - and had been for 45 minutes, and Jameson was still sound asleep. I woke him up and told him what time it was.  He dove out of the bed and ran to the computer.  Fortunately, for him, there were some glitches with the update, and it had been postponed until the next morning.

That night, he was determined to set his alarm again, but he changed the sound.  I was skeptical that it would work, but I let him try again.  The next morning when I got up, Jameson was already up, had updated his computer, and was playing the updated version of Minecraft.

The new alarm worked!

Last night, he said he was going to set his alarm again.  I asked him why, and he said that he realized that if he got up early, he could play on the computer for a few minutes before he had to get ready for school.  Well what do you know....that's the exact same thing that I had been telling him for years!

------------------------------------------

Who is this young man and what happened to my BABY?


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
blog comments powered by Disqus