Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What in the World?

Over the past couple of days, I've seen a few things that have literally made me say "What in the World???"  Thank goodness for the invention of cell phone cameras (even though my phone has to have the worst camera on the planet) so I could get pictures of these things that have had me scratching my head.

When I got home late on Monday night, I found this number on my caller ID:


Nothing like seeing "U S GOVERNMENT" on your caller ID to make you have a major freak-out moment.  So, I looked up the phone number and found out it was a Marine Recruiter.

Photo from here.
  So, we get a call from a Marine Recruiter.  In this house we have a 43 y.o. female, a 45 y.o. male, a 10 y.o. male, and a 20 y.o. female.  Who are they looking for?

Last night I talked to Marty and he said he actually talked to the Marine recruiter, and they were looking for Chelsea (or rather "Sara").  Marty asked them how they got her information.  He said his records showed that she had just graduated from high school and he wanted to talk to her about signing up.  Marty then asked the man if he actually READ her records.  He hemmed and hawed and told him "Yes",  to which Marty quickly replied that he must not have read her information because she was mentally challenged and had actually received a certificate of attendance, not a diploma.  The man quickly apologized and hung up.

Yeah, please don't call back and please make sure the Army, Navy, Air Force, and the  National Guard recruiters get the memo, too.

------------------------------------------
 
When I came out of Office Max last night, this is what I saw:



Um, yeah.  I think somebody needs a little more Driver's Ed!

----------------------------------------------

Finally, I saw this when I went to the Post Office last night:
 

For those of you who don't know, this is where chitterlings (or Chitlin's) come from:


And this is what they look like:
Not only does this fall under the "What in the World" category, but it also falls under the "Why didn't I think of that?" category!  I mean, some of richest people in the world started out by making a product or providing a service that people really need.  To the person who came up with this idea to offer chitterling cleaning, I applaud their spunk and ingenuity!  I hope you make a fortune!

So my friends, have y'all had any "What in the World?" sightings recently?
blog comments powered by Disqus