Monday, October 22, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Hey y'all! 

It's another Monday.  Why do they always seem to come so fast?  I mean, I swear it was just Wednesday, and I blinked my eyes and it's Monday again.  Time, PLEASE SLOW DOWN!  Do you realize that Christmas is only a few weeks away?  How did that happen?  I think I'm just going to stick my head under my pillow and pretend Christmas is still a L-O-N-G way away!

(You think that will work?)

---------------------------------------------

I've been busy, busy with "the business" again this week.  I've managed to knock a TON of orders and gifts out this week!
 
The next 4 pictures are for an order for a very special friend.  Her son is graduating Army Boot Camp on Halloween and the onesies are for his precious baby girl to wear.




Mommy needed a special shirt, too!
 

I made a TON of these for friends, family and co-workers:
 

For my niece:
 

Also for my niece:
 

And these invitations for a very special little girl:
 
 I can't believe little Miss Mallory is almost TWO!  I am SO SAD!  She is growing up WAY too fast!

(There's that "flying time" thing again!)

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure I'm going to participate in a local craft fair in a couple of weeks.  I am TERRIFIED!  I've been trying to come up with some cute ideas of things to make.  I will take orders for t-shirts and my monograms, but I'd like to have a lot of things that people can take with them.  I'd also like to see how much of my craft hoard I could use to make things.  If I only did frames I could fill up a whole table, I'm afraid.  LOL  I just don't want to make a bunch of stuff and not be able to sell it.  Do any of you have any great ideas of things that may sell well?  I'm open to suggestions!

------------------------------------------------------

This year at Jameson's school, the library is having a pumpkin parade.  Kid's pick out their favorite characters from a book and make a pumpkin to match.  Well, being my kid, this is what Jameson decided to make:
 

That would be a vampire worm, in case you didn't know!

So, we worked ALLLL weekend making our own version of a vampire worm.
 



We had a lot of fun fixing him up. It was really neat for all of us to try to come up with ways to do each different part of the worm.  The "ears" are melted/painted baby spoons, stuck into styrofoam that is hot glued to the pumpkin.  The eyes are screw-top caps from Coke bottles, the skin is a painted garbage bag, and the teeth are made of fun foam.

  We just hope it survives until he makes it to school.  The first pumpkin we had ROTTED before we even had it a day, so we had to get another one.  We hope the coat of black paint will keep this pumpkin alive for a few days.  Then, the cat decided she wanted to use the "ears" as a chew toy...AND WOULD NOT STOP!  So, after some touch-up paint, we had to take it out to Marty's truck so she couldn't get to it!

Jameson is so excited to bring it to school!  I just hope he's not too disappointed if he doesn't win.  There are a lot of really awesome pumpkins in the parade!  I definitely think that he would win for "most unusual", however!  LOL

--------------------------------------------------
 
I've got my yearly "I'm going to screw up your favorite time of year again" sinus/cold junk.  I felt the first little tickle Tuesday night and it's been all downhill from there.  My friend Julie has the same mess and she's taking off work today to go to the doctor. She is hoping to get a shot to get rid of it.  I asked her if it was wrong of me to be jealous of her for getting to take off work, even if it is to get a shot. She did invite me to come along and get shots together.  I'm seriously thinking it would be worth it.  LOL

I remember when I was a kid, I would have to miss Trick-or-Treating almost every, single year because I would be sick.  I would just love to be able to make it through October - December without feeling like my head and chest were going to explode.
 
---------------------------------------------------

Chelsea's current crush, Scotty McCreery, has just released a new Christmas album.  So, in the past week, she's gotten an autographed copy from the Scotty McCreery fan club, an "exclusive edition" complete with booklet and calendar from Wal-Mart, and has downloaded the album on iTunes. 

Sorry for the bad cell phone picture.
I think she may be just a tad bit obessed, don't you?  
 
(She is also wearing a North Carolina State t-shirt because that's Scotty's favorite team.)

I guess it could be worse....she could be this obsessed with some hormone-ravaged teenage boy that lives locally.  We would be locking her in the house for sure!

------------------------------------------------

Well my friends, I hope you all have a wonderful and fantastic week!
blog comments powered by Disqus