Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's {sort-of} looking like Christmas around here.

Hey friends!  I hope you are all doing great!

Just like every year, I always have intentions of having all my Christmas decor up and finished the weekend after Thanksgiving.  

Have I ever completed that task?

Nope, not even once!

Most of the time, especially since we've been in this house, I still have all of the boxes and unfinished decor sitting all over the place on December 24th.  I finally get frustrated and move it all out before Santa comes.  I don't want Santa to think I'm a hoarder or something.

This year has started off the same way as most years.  Everything has been out of the attic since the Friday after Thanksgiving, and still sitting around the living room.  Thankfully, my wonderful husband took pity on me and actually put up the tree, fluffed it, and completely decorated it!  This weekend, he put all the trees up on the front porch, too!

MY HERO!

We still have a long way to go, but at least it's {sort-of} looking like Christmas around here!

There are reasons I don't get into the Holiday spirit like I once did, but that's another post for another day.  So for now, here are some pictures!

 

Thanks to a certain feline member of our family, the decorations have had to be a little different this year.  All our ornaments are plastic or not easily breakable.   The first night the tree was up, Sweets decided to get into a fight with one of the balls, and within seconds almost had the tree on the floor!  Needless to say, we've had to do some rigging to make the tree safer:
It may not be attractive, but it works.



And here is the start of the outside decorations.  We have 5 small trees up, but these are the only one's that are lit.  I still have to decorate them, but that will come after my work-week is over.

You may notice the Alabama wreath still on the door.  Well, I made the mistake of taking that wreath down ONCE and we LOST that weekend, so Marty and Jameson told me that I couldn't take it down again until after the National Championship game in January.  Oh well, at least it's a gorgeous wreath.  LOL

Hopefully the Christmas {decorating} spirit will find me soon and the rest of this place will be finished!

And in the mean time....THIS is what my living room really looks like:


I hope you all have a wonderful and fantastic week!
blog comments powered by Disqus