Friday, March 1, 2013

Mama's Mumblings

Ummmm, yeah, it's Friday and I've only blogged once this week.  Sorry!  Have you ever had so much running around in your head that you just completely forget to do normal, routine things?  Yeah, that's where I've been this week.  Well actually, that's where I've been for the past few weeks.  I would say it will get better, but I'm not so sure it will!  HAHA!
 
-----------------------------------------
 
I had a blast Monday night when we threw a surprise Grandmother shower for one of my fellow nurses.  Daphne is expecting her first granddaughter in April, so we thought it would be nice to get some things together for her to keep at her house when the baby stays with her.
 
 
We had a wonderful time and the look on Daphne's face was priceless!
 
-----------------------------------------
 
Along with a few other parents and members of the PTA, I've been working on the BoxTops for Education for Jameson's school for the past couple of weeks.  I swear, it's insane how time consuming processing itty-bitty pieces of cardboard/plastic can be.


 In the end, we gathered up 12,270 BoxTops,  and at $0.10 each, that brings in $1,227.00 for our school! 
Save those BoxTops, folks!
 
------------------------------------------
 
It's been 2 weeks today, and I still LOVE my car!
 
 
 
It drives like a dream and gets much better gas mileage!  The only thing I don't like about it is I didn't realize how DIRTY the darker blue color gets!  Looks like the money I'll be saving in gas will be going to pay for car washes!  Marty tried to wash our car here, but our super-hard water left huge white spots all over it.  EEEEK!  Can't have that!
 
----------------------------------------
 
I've been working on several projects over the past few weeks.  Unfortunately, I haven't actually finished many of them.  It seems like I am always missing one little thing to finish everything off.  Here are a few things I have managed to finish, however:
 

 
(Pardon the lack of editing of the pictures....my computer WON'T LET ME DO ANYTHING!  GRRRR!)
-----------------------------------------
 
My computer has been acting super-weird for the past week.  It's been locking up and driving me insane!  This morning, it took 2 hours to actually be able to log in and type anything.  I thought it was my actual computer, but it seems that most of my problems are with FireFox.  Right now, I'm logged in through Internet Explorer and all seems to be working well.  I sure hope we don't end up having to spend our (tiny) tax refund on a new computer!
 
------------------------------------------
 
Chelsea and I are SUPER EXCITED that Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out on DVD TOMORROW!!! 
 
 
I will be headed straight to the store first thing tomorrow to pick up our copies!
 
-----------------------------------------
 
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

 
 
I wanted to make Jameson a shirt to wear today, but the school also decided to have picture day today, so no Dr. Seuss for him!  His eyes were closed (takes after his daddy and sister) in his Fall pictures, so I'm hoping we can get at least one decent school photo this year! 
 
---------------------------------------
 
Whew!
 
I think that's all I've got going on this week!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus