Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

Hey friends! I hope your week and Easter weekend was wonderful!

Last week was spent either being in pain, or rushing to finish pending orders and getting ready for Easter during the moments I actually felt decent. I don't know what's causing the pain I'm having in my face/mouth (Doctor says sinuses), but I do know it needs to stop NOW because it has interfered with my life long enough! I've missed work, church, time with family/friends, and sleep for the past 6 weeks. Fortunately, I think I've finally figured out how to control the pain, so I'm hoping things will level out soon. I'm beyond ready to have my life back!

ANYWAY, so sorry for the complaining! I know that MILLIONS of others out there, including many in my own back door, endure WAAAAY more horrible things in this life than mouth/face pain!

Now on to Easter fun!

We were excited that we were all relatively healthy this Easter, especially after last year's mono outbreak. Jameson was on Spring Break the week prior to Easter, so we had a lot of time to relax and not have to rush around like crazy. I will have to say, it was really nice!

Saturday night, we decided to try a recipe I found on Pinterest that used iced circus cookies to make cake pops. After listening/reading several stories about how hard it could be, I was sure my attempt would be a complete and total failure. I have ZERO patience for anything cooking/baking related. Surprisingly, it was really easy and the pops came out great!

Except for that one lone cake pop on the lower right that decided to fall over...causing the big puddle of chocolate underneath. LOL
 Yes, I know they are upside down....but I didn't have anything to use to do them the "correct" way. HAHA!

I also overestimated the amount of chocolate I needed, so I ended up dipping a few other things:


Peanut butter crackers


Donuts

I still ended up pouring out about 1/2 cup of the chocolate. Next time I'll start with just 1/2 package instead of a whole!

I also made a few buckets for my great nieces and nephews.




That night,the kids were really hyped up, and it was almost impossible to get them to go to sleep! The poor, overworked Easter Bunny wasn't able to make his delivery until after midnight! We finally had to tell Jameson that if he didn't go to sleep, the Easter Bunny would completely skip our house. That seemed to do the trick. It's too bad we didn't thin of that several hours earlier. LOL

Finally, the Easter Bunny came. We chatted for a few minutes, and he went on his hoppity way.




Sweets even got her own basket!




Chelsea's new obsession is The Great and Powerful Oz.

Minecraft pick axe, anyone?


50 years of General Hospital


Jameson finding out he got Alan Jackson tickets!

Sweets checking out her loot!










We all had a great day and were definitely sad to see the day come to an end.  Well, Jameson and I were sad. He goes back to school after having the week off and I head back to work. Marty and Chelsea get to enjoy Monday off, too!

But right now, I'm just happy that I'm able to return to work!


I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week!
blog comments powered by Disqus