Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Nurse's Week!

When I went in to work Monday, I was seriously thinking about changing careers. Within 1 hour of being at work, this is what my desk looked like:


Each chart represents a patient that has called with a question or concern. To make matters worse, 90% of these charts had questions or concerns that needed to be answered by the doctor, so that means at least 2 phone calls and discussion with the doctor per chart.  By lunch time, I was ready to throw in the towel and live in a cardboard box.

Then, like she could sense my frustration, my administrator comes in and gives me this:


 
I mean seriously, who would ever want to leave this place????

So, I sucked it up, and plowed on through my the rest of the day.

Happy Nurse's Week to all of those who plow through each day and make a difference in someone's life!
blog comments powered by Disqus