Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Teacher's gift idea.

Hey friends!

So much has happened since the last time I posted.  Many thoughts and prayers to all of those affected by the Oklahoma storms!  We have a niece that lives in Moore. Thankfully, she is OK, as well as her home. She said she lives 0.8 miles from the hospital that was hit. Unfortunately, many Alabamians know exactly what they are going through.

-------------------------------------------

Yesterday was Jameson's awards day, so it was unofficially his last day of school. He didn't know it was his last day of school until this morning, when he woke up at 8:00 and thought we were running really late. HAHA!  I love surprises!

Anyway, since yesterday was his last day, we wanted to give his fabulous teacher a gift to show her how much we appreciated her this year.  It was her first year of teaching, and we think she did fantastic! All the kids love her, as did the parents. I wanted to make he something really special, that had a lot of meaning, and wasn't the typical figurine or lotion set. After weeks of thought, this is what I came up with.
 


These are the names of all the children that had been in her class at one point during the year.


On the front, I wanted to make it funny, so I put "I survived my 1st year of teaching!"  She has a wonderful sense of humor, so I know she will appreciate that.  HAHA!


Jameson and Ms. Upton

Hugging after she read his (hysterical) card and got her gift card (I did the shirt plus a gift card). I LOVE the fact that our school still believe in HUGS!

Ms. Upton after opening her shirt.

I think it was a hit (at least with some of the other teachers I know), so I'm glad I was able to figure out how to design it and make it work.

Even though it was a great school year, I am SO glad to have my baby boy home with me for the summer! Lazy days are here again!
blog comments powered by Disqus