Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Honey....we'll celebrate as soon as I catch my breath!

WOW! 

This has been another crazy week!

What kind of person schedules family portraits right smack-dab in the middle of Hubby's birthday and Easter?

Uhhhh, that would be me!

When I initially scheduled the photo shoot, I had no idea that it was the Saturday before Easter.

I don't even think I realized it until Sunday.....

And then went into full-fledged panic mode!

I have nobody to blame but myself. 

I am the QUEEN of "overdoing it".

For instance, I've always made goody bags for Chelsea's classmates, for every holiday.  These goody bags include candy, toys and things for all the kids in her class.  But, I can't give the kids something without giving the teachers something too, right?  So, then I go on a search to find her teachers (3 of them) something  usable....

Which usually translates into a gift card.

And then, I feel bad about getting the students and teachers something, and not getting anything for the classroom helpers.....so I go on a search to get them something, too.

Well, now that Jameson is in school, I feel like I have to get his classmates and teachers something too.....

So there goes 15 more goody bags and another gift card.

THEN, I remembered I will be teaching the 2 and 3 year olds at Church for the next 4 weeks, so I want to make sure my little one's have their own Easter goody bags.

THEN, I want to make sure I have a little something for my 5 great nieces and nephews (my sister's grandkids).

**WHEW**

Fortunately, THAT part is already done.

--------------------------------------------------

Next, the family photos have just stressed me out to no end.

Our photographer is fantastic, so I have no doubt the photos will be incredible.....I am just having a hard time finding "matchy-matchy" clothes for all of us.

I mean, finding something for my husband, son, and daughter has been a breeze, but finding something to fit my fat bootie, that also matches their clothes has been difficult!

I initially found something similar for Chelsea and I to wear, but the longer I looked at everything, I realized the print was "too busy", so I've been on a quest to find solid color shirts in the perfect shade of green.

Well, let me just tell you, that solid color, perfect shade of green shirt doesn't exist in my size.

GRRRRRRRR

I've just found shirts that are just so-so, but went ahead and got them just in case they will work.

Right now, I literally have about 15 different options that are possibilities....

I am going to make everyone put their clothes on tonight, and I will try my things on one at a time until I find the perfect shirt.

It may take a while.

------------------------------------------------
Oh, and let's not forget.....

At some point, I had to track down the Easter Bunny and make sure he had the kid's wish lists...



-----------------------------------------------

And the biggest thorn in my side this week has been Chelsea....

More specifically, Chelsea's Easter dress.

Chelsea is determined to have a PURPLE Easter Dress.

So, I have literally looked in every clothing store in a 30 mile radius and the only purple dresses I can find look like this......



or this.....



So, do I want my 17 y.o. daughter to look like a hoochie-mama, or a grandma?

I told her that it was hopeless to find a decent purple dress, so she has two options....

Wear last year's purple Easter dress, that she has only worn one time, or get a dress that's a different color.

Her answer....."I want a NEW, PURPLE Easter dress".

**sigh**

It's going to be a long weekend!

---------------------------------------------

So, to my most wonderful hubby, I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We will celebrate as soon as I find the perfect green shirt

and a purple dress.....
blog comments powered by Disqus