Monday, April 5, 2010

Busy Easter Weekend

As I told y'all in my last post, this weekend was a busy, busy one!  Thankfully, we made it through with no arguments, no lost body parts, and many laughs and smiles!

First, we celebrated hubby's birthday:

I thought since the cobbler is so hot on the inside, it melted the candles last year, I would get candles attached to plastic sticks this year....

Well, the cobbler was so hot, it even melted the plastic sticks! 

Plus, the candles were so difficult to light, by the time all were lit, most of the candles were already completely melted all over the cobbler.

Maybe NEXT year, I will be smart enough to just leave the candles off....the wax tastes YUCKY!

Saturday, we went for our FIRST EVER family portraits!

We (well, I) were SO nervous about getting these done....

How will our clothes look?  How fat will I look next to my super-skinny family?  Will she be able to get pictures of Marty AND Chelsea with their eyes open?  Will she like us?  Will we be difficult clients?

Well, I shouldn't have worried about anything (except the being fat part)!  Roxanne, our photographer, was the most wonderful and fantastic lady ever!  

I swear, by the time we were finished, my stomach was sore from laughing so much, and I felt like I was just hanging out with an old friend!

We were also a little wet, because it started raining immediately after we finished for the about perfect timing!

I don't know if everyone has this great of an experience while getting pictures made, but you should!

I saw a few of the pics through the camera, and they were fantastic!  I can't imagine how great they will be when she is finished with them!

Then Sunday was Easter....
My kids were so excited....they didn't want to go to the poor Easter Bunny had to wait around until LATE to drop off their goodies.

Sunday morning, Jameson decided to get up around 5:45 am "to go to the bathroom", and just happened to see the Easter Bunny had made a visit.

We were really mean, and told him to go jump up-and-down on his sister's bed to see if she was awake yet....

Well, you know he couldn't open his loot before his sister got to, right?

She quickly got up and examined her bounty, as did her brother....

By this time, it was a late 6:30 am (said with MUCH sarcasm), but I decided to go ahead and get ready for Church anyway.

We stopped to grab pictures on the way out the door to Church, however, Jameson was in a HORRIBLE mood, because he had to stop putting his new Lego set together. 

Oh, and you notice Chelsea's dress?  It's not purple, but blue....and it was the very first dress I found, but didn't get because it wasn't purple.  She loved it!

We had a wonderful Church service, as always, and then headed to my mother-in-law's for food and fun.

 (Now in a much better mood!)

We hung out and talked, and then went to see the progress of my sister-in-law's new mansion house. 

Front of the house

Master acre bedroom, complete with 14 foot ceilings.

Dining room

Breakfast nook

Windows in the bathroom

It was even more gorgeous then I had even imagined!  I can't wait to see it finished!

By the time we got back to my mother-in-law's house, I knew something must be wrong with Jameson...

He didn't want to hunt Easter eggs!

We stayed around to let Chelsea hunt, and Jameson eagerly helped her, but didn't keep a single egg for himself.

He also didn't eat anything....which is really unusual.

He fell asleep in the car and went straight to bed when we got home....which is even MORE unusual.

We chalked it up to him being tired from a super-busy weekend, but at 4:45 am, he proceeded to throw-up all over our bedroom floor.

So, instead of spending the day cleaning up this pig-sty of a house, and returning the 20 odd shirts that we didn't use for our photo shoot,  I've been snuggling with my sick baby boy.

I hate that he's sick, but I have loved having this quiet time with my little man.

blog comments powered by Disqus