Monday, July 19, 2010

It's UP!

After a couple of back breaking maneuvers:




A couple of cans of black spray paint:


And a few wall anchors and screws:



The rack is now up!

I LOVE the black paint!  I think it makes the rack look like it was just made to go in this room!

Now I just have to figure out what to put ON the rack. The shelves are too small for dinner-sized plates, much to my dismay.  You should have seen my face when I realized that I wouldn't be able to use ANY of my dinner plates on the rack.  Small saucers will work, however.  So, I may end up using just those instead.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I am linking to Chick on a Shoestring's Flaunt it Friday!

9 comments:

  1. I'm only commenting to say that it looks fabulous! Unfortunately, I have no creative ideas of what to put on it. I'm sure you'll think of something great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Val!! I think I need to go on a thrift store hunt for some things that will actually fit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah Lah!
    It looks great!!
    Your dh did a great job with the paint and hanging it straight & perfectly centered.
    I applaude him. Can you hear me??
    My suggestions: Cups & Saucers, photo frames, pretty colored glass bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, your shelves looks awesome! I'm thinking small plates and cups to go along. Thrift shopping is definitely an option. When I do that I can always come home with good finds with lots of character. Btw, thanks so much for your visit and well wishes for my family! We are happy campers now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect!!! I love how the arch mimics the arches on top of your cabinets. What about some linens? Menus? Magazines? I LOVE the cup and saucer idea.

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks PERFECT!! Custom! You know me girl, I would have to put at least one rabbit up there with some saucers, a candle, small books with the right colored binds! Even small black and white photos would look great!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, That's beautiful and I think many, many trips to TJ Maxx are necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It's totally different than anything else I've seen. I think it's be cute with saucers on it! It's just gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any way to take out the middle shelf? Then your plates would fit. You could also get some S hooks from a hardware store and hang your pots from the bottom shelf next to the counter top. I wish I had it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! It really means a lot to me!!
{{HUGS}}