Monday, August 23, 2010

Another use for pretty paper

Like I said in my last post, I love paper and have been working on a few things for the past few weeks.  Something else I've been doing is trying to make some cutie-pie things to go in my friend, Julie's, nursery.  Here are some pictures of the bedding:




The photos don't really do the bedding justice.  The colors are so soft and girly.  It is precious!

I was fortunate that I was able to find some scrapbook papers that matched the colors in the bedding exactly!  So, Julie and I came up with a few ideas for decorating the nursery with them.

Originally, this frame was dark brown, and had some sort of cowboy/western picture in it.  We loved the shape and detail of the frame, and decided to change it up a little.  I think it's adorable and can't wait to see it hung up in the nursery!


We found this frame off to the side in Hobby Lobby on super-duper clearance.  The glass was broken and the mat was dirty, but the frame and this border were GORGEOUS!  We were going to paint this frame/mat, too, but Julie took it home first and loved it as is.  It matches the furniture perfectly!  Obviously, this isn't finished yet, (No, her name isn't going to be "Malloy"...we are missing the "r" in "Mallory"  LOL), but I hope to have it finished this week.


And here is a cute "M" that I decided to cover with scrapbook paper.  I am trying to find some way to incorporate green into the pattern, but haven't decided what to do just yet!  Hopefully I will have it figured out before the baby gets here....haha, just kidding Julie!  :o)


Does anybody have any cute ideas for nursery decor using scrapbook paper?
blog comments powered by Disqus