Remember this little beauty from a few weeks ago?
Well, she doesn't look like that anymore!
We hung it up in the kitchen, right at the back door. We thought this would be a great place for a message board because it's one of the last things we see as we are walking out the door.
I used my Silhouette to cut out the vinyl letters. I wanted a completely fancy-schmancy, girlie-girl font for the letters, but the letters weren't thick enough to work with the vinyl. Not that I tried to cut it out anyway and ended up with a HUGE mess or anything.....
I just downloaded about 1000 new fonts this weekend (I've had "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" swimming around in my head all weekend long...haha), so I will probably end up using something different in the future. The good thing about the vinyl is that it just peels right off and the new design goes right back on. Easy Peasy!
This project was super easy and pretty cheap, too! I got the frame (and gorgeous picture) for $2.00, a can of oil rubbed bronze spray paint for around $3.00, that has enough left in it cover many more things, and a piece of MDF, large enough to fill two frames for around $3.00. I had planned on just using the back of the picture for the chalkboard, but once I got it home, I realized the picture was stuck to a piece of cardboard! EEEK!
I already had the chalkboard paint and the vinyl. Oh, and I can't forget, I could not find one single piece of chalk in this house, so I borrowed a piece from Spencer, the next door neighbor.
I actually finished this project a few weeks ago, but
hubby we misplaced the wire we were going to use to hang it with. I We finally found some spooled wire and just used that and managed to finally get it up!
So, for $8.00 out of pocket, (and a piece of borrowed chalk), we went from this...
Not too bad of an investment, if you ask me!