Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

Well, today hasn't turned out anything like I thought it would this morning!

We all got up and moving around like normal.  Marty went to work, and I showered and dressed to take Jameson to school and then go grocery shopping. When I talked to Chelsea, she was her usual bubbly, happy self, raring to get to school.  Jameson was supposed to start a school-sponsored guitar class, so that meant no waiting for an hour in car rider line for me today.

Typical Thursday for our family.

Then, the dreaded stomach bug that we had been blessed to stay clear of hit...

me.

At first, I thought it must be something I had eaten the night before.  But, as the day progressed, it was pretty evident some-sort of viral process was making it's way through my body.

UGH!  Wasn't I punished enough when I had the FLU during Christmas?

So, I spent the majority of the day in bed...which I never, ever, ever do.  Marty said he would take off a little early today and go get Jameson from guitar practice, and as normal, my mom would be getting Chelsea.

THEN, unexpectedly, the weather drastically changed.  It went from a day of only cold, wet rain, to freezing rain and sleet, shutting down roads all over the state.

Marty had planned his day around picking Jameson up at 3:30, well around 2:20, Jameson called me from school to let me know that guitar practice had been canceled.  On a normal day, I would have been already waiting in car rider line for at least 20 minutes. Now, Marty wasn't even off work yet and had to drive at least 20 minutes once he got off work.  I made sure Jameson knew that somebody would be there, he would just be at the end of the line, not at the front.

So, then the whole "Will you be able to pick him up on time?" game started.  It was a really stressful hour, but they finally made it home all safe and sound.

**whew**  Thank goodness!

Now we are all just wondering how long this weather will last and will the kids have school tomorrow?  According to Mr. Spann, the weather should get warmer throughout the night, melting all the ice.....but they missed all of this craziness today so....

------------------------------------------------
I did just get something good in the mail to occupy my time in bed:


I pre-ordered this MONTHS ago and was thrilled to death to finally get it today!  I've read every single entry of Black Heels on Ree's blog, so I can't wait to read more!

I'm not sure if I am going to attempt to get this copy signed, like I did her cookbook.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some Ree, but I'm not sure my heart/nerves could take another rush hour drive through Atlanta traffic!

---------------------------------------------------

Even though I haven't posted anything, I have been working on a few things around the house over the past couple of weeks.  I just haven't managed to finish anything....

The story of my life!

I did manage to clear out 4 large garbage bags of clothes out of my closet.
I was going to post "before and after" pictures, but I think I will wait until we actually have more accomplished in there.  We hope to completely redo our entire closest this year.  Currently, we only have one long rod with a shelf on top.  Not a great use of space, but it works until we can afford to do something else.

Here is part of the huge stack I am giving away:


Anybody need a hanger?  (It was also laundry day, so the sheets weren't back on the bed yet.)

4 bags filled to capacity:

 
And this is all the hanging clothes I have to my name!


It feels good to purge sometimes!

(Except when you have a stomach virus....UGH!)

-------------------------------------

Remember the ugliest picture ever?


Hubby and I have been working on it, and it's not ugly any more!  I have one more thing I need to finish and I will show you all about it!  For now, here is a little sneaky peek:


-----------------------------------

I hope you are all having a most wonderful, flu-free week!


blog comments powered by Disqus